which scope?

C

ck2128

Which scope would you guys suggest? I don't want a large scope; I shoot a 300wsm with a short, 23 inch barrell. I had a Zeiss 3x9 and loved it, but wanted a little more power, so I plan on putting it on another gun. I was considering the 4.5-14x40 Leupold. What are your thoughts? Maybe Swarovski 4.5-14, but the scope is a little big. Nikon scopes are huge. The Zeiss 4.5-14 is pretty big too. I just don't know. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Howdy,

Leupolds are good thats true, but...
rethink your quick assessment that the Nikon scopes are "huge."

I just bought a Monarch Gold 4X12 and it is no bigger than my Leupolds. The glass is just as good as Leupold, maybe better. With the Leupold, you pay for the replacement scope that your warranty MAY merit, but you don't with the Nikon.

Both are good, how is your checkbook?

Coach

I just got the 4.5-14-50 LR leupold vx-3. leopold for sure. It is a sweet scope.

This past December I purchased a Leupold 4.5x14 40 mm VX-III, with the B & C reticle. It is one sweet scope. It doesn't weigh a lot, it has great eye relief, & is exceptionaly clear. I used on a whitetail in Alabama in January, and was very pleased with it. You definately can't go wrong with this scope.

I looked at the Zeiss, Swarovski, and Leupold recently. Went with the Leupold and don't regret it a bit.

Add another vote for Leupold. I can't afford a Swaro scope, so don't know how much better they are than all the rest, but I have a few different scopes from bushnell to nikon to leupold and they all along with the rifles shoot much better than I do and handle anything I'd ever expect from a scope. But for the dollars , it's hard to beat a leupold....

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-07 AT 11:01PM (MST)[p]>I purchased a
>Leupold 4.5x14 40 mm VX-III,
>with the B & C
>reticle........You definately can't go wrong with this scope

Ditto! but mine is the 50mm- Awesome scope!

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom