Which rangefinder?

W

WEKILLDEER

Anyone know which laser bushnell put in their Yardage Pro Quest 8x36 rangefinder/binos. I have these and am very happy with the rangefider portion of the unit just not the optics. I upgraded to the Vortex Razor binos and so I am in need of a rangefinder. Does anyone know which bushnell rangefinder compares to the on in the Quest? I am leaning on getting either an elite 1500 or a used LRF900 on ebay. Any thoughts?

I don't know anything about the Bushnell but I have the LEICA and know for a fact it is one of the finest rangfinders you can own. it works all the time in rain, snow, low light, foggy days on small objects and has always been true on the mark. Might cost a little more but it's worth it IMHO.
My bro. bought a used one (Leica) last year off Archery Talk .com and has been happy as a pig in ---- with it.

Here is another vote for the Leica. I had one of the Bushnell Yardage Pro RF and gave it to my buddy for taking me on a elk trip. I replaced it with a Leica LRF1200. WOW what a difference. The optical clarity was a huge difference and the laser was able to give me readings I could not get before (through windows, longer range midday,etc). I have replaced my LRF with a pair of Geovids as I got tired of carrying binocs and RF.

The only other one I would consider is the Leupy with the True Ballistic Range for uphill/downhill shots. The RX-IV looks like a decent unit for a Leupold (I'm not a Leupold fan).

Leica is hard to beat.

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

I got a bushnell buckmaster series and it is way nice.

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

I don't like the way that the Leo rangefinders are set up so they are out of the question. I also want a rangefinder that can give long-range readings. I agree that Leica 1200 and Swaro are the top of the food chain here but I cannot see forkin over 600+ dollars. I have tried the Bushnell elite 1500 and really liked it. I am also considering a new/used leica LRF900. Haven't compared the two directly though. Do you think the leica 900 will out range the Bushnell 1500 in terms of both max yardage as well as say from 0 to 500yds?

i have nikon 800's, fair-good. Get the leica's, my partner has em and they are worth the extra dough, no contest.

I own the Nikon 1200 and am very happy with it. I have had it for 3 years. When I was shopping I don't believe the newest smaller version of the Leica 1200 was out. Besides being almost twice the price at the time(700 vs 400) I didn't like the Leica's crosshairs, as it uses a box in the middle which I find difficult when trying to range a deer(small object) at a long distance(700-1000 yards). Given all other feedback and the new smaller size if you can afford the Leica I would probably go that way. I think the average distance that you can get a reliable reading on the Leica is a little farther, if you can hold steady on your object. I would not look to any of the Leupold's though. Their technology may have a great theory, but there has been a lot of negative feedback on the performance of the units in the field. They just don't seem to give consistent and accurate readings.

I have had 2 Bushnell's. I purchased the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 Rangefinder last fall. It isn't called the Rangemaster for nothing!!! FAR superior to a Bushnell!!! Well worth the Benjamin?s!!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom