Which New boots

muzz

Long Time Member
I am looking for new hunting boots. I hve two pair of danners and am not impressed at all with there boots anymore. What is a good waterproof boot that handles the rough stuff? I like the meindels but which ones? Tell me what you have and what you think and the best place to get them for the best price.

Kenetreks or Meindls are great. I have the uninsulated Meindls and the insulated Kenetreks, both in the taller version because I don't like "hiker" style but I'm sure they are good as well.

Best fit for me was the Kenetrek Mtn Extreams love them. They run a little small so make sure you try them on with the socks you will be hunting in.

Kenetrek has their own website and locations to buy them. I got mine in Reno at the Sportsmans Warehouse.

Kenetrek boots are great! A little pricey but worth the cash. If you are on a budget you might want to try Georgia boots. I have owned 6 pair and have absolutely loved them.

It's always an adventure!!!

There is a great run down on good hunting boots in the latest Eastman's Journal that I just received. It looks at all the high end hunting boots.

Muzz, I don't like Danner either.

I own the 'Perfekt's' from Meindl. They are the best boots I have owned. I have taken them on my spring bear hunt, spring shed hunts, summer scouting, and many fall hunts.

I even took them ice fishing a few times. Trust me, you will not regret getting them.

Having said this, I wouldn't mine trying the Kenetreks. I have heard nothing but good about them.

I recently went with a pair of Kenetrek MTN Extrement non-insulated. They are great boots and I highly recommend them. I also scored a pair of slightly used Kenetrek MTN Safari non-gortex boots for cheap that are even more comfortable for hunting in the dry conditions. If you check the www.kenetrek.com Web site in their sale room, they put slightly used or blemished boots for sale in there for a lot less.

I got the uninsulated Kenetrek mtn. boots a year ago and love them. Best boots I've ever owned and really comfortable right away.

Kenetrek have been the best boots I have ever used. Very water proof, tough, long lasting sole, yet comfortable and easy on your feet right away. Danner's don't even compare.

I would run Cabela's boots before Danner's again. Just my 2 cents.

It really depends on what kind of terrain you're hunting. I've had lots of boots, and my favorites so far have been the Meindls. I haven't had a chance to try Kennetrek yet.

I currently own the Meindl Perfekt, Denali and Alaska Hunter. They are all great boots in their own right. The perfekt is softer and feels more like a shoe. Very comfortable yet plenty of support. For rockier terrain, go for the Denali. It has more sole support and a higher rand. The most stiff would be the alaska hunter. I actually used these to climb ranier this year, so they really stood up to the test, crampons and all.

Here's the latest pic of my current boot collection -

allboots.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom