Which is best used optics

m_freeman

I don't think a guy should ignore older optics, just because the marketing people say the latest is the greatest. Which used or older generation binos and scopes were really good? How was the Zeiss leaded glass Night Owls?

LOL, good luck! Bunch of glass snobs hang out here can't waiting to tell you just how great their high dollar glass is! :)

Few months ago i was looking to pick up a lighter set to hang on my neck while hunting around the thick timber country that i live in. On E-bay, i found a set of 6X30 Zeiss Jena circa 1964 in new unused condition for about $100. plus shipping. These little guys are absolutely fantastic. Super clear, functions great, i feel like i stole them. lol

Good luck, hope you get some feedback on your question.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-11 AT 10:36AM (MST)[p]Use Leitz 10x42 that were made mid 1980s. work great but will buck up and get new glass eventually.

I'm slightly bias to Leica and I have the newest latest and greatest BUT I still love my older trinovid 10x42's and I think you can pick up a used pair for around 500 bucks.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom