Which gun is best all around?

S

stinkystomper

I'm looking to buy a new gun for hunting season. I'm chomping at the bit for a better all around gun. I'm thinking I need something with quicker follow up shots like an ar style semi auto but still has the knock down power to geter done!

On the other hand I still like the time proven durability and accuracy of the bolt action rifle. If I go the bolt action route I'm definitely stepping up my horsepower requirement. I originally decided the minimum caliber would be 460 wby but upon further analysis decided against it.

Here were the final contenders. Only long range makes a 338 lapua in an ar 10 rifle. They guarantee it to be sub moa and it definitely meets the fast reload requirement. The second choice on the ar style was the as50. Of course it is a semi auto 50 with twice the accuracy of the m82a1. I've finalized the ar choice down to the as 50. On the flip side I only have one contender for my bolt action rifle. I'm leaning towards the anzio irion works mag fed 20mm.

So for final analysis what do you guys think. Should I get the semi auto 50 good for plowing through trees while my elk is running through nearby PJ thickets, or should I go with the 20mm vulcan rifle which will kill my elk if I hit in the near vicinity. Not to mention that rifle will deforest any area I shoot it into resulting in better shot opportunity.

Here is a picture of each rifle. Which should I buy for my next all around rifle to use on rabbits, coyotes, deer, elk, etc.????

The accuracy international as50
5422soldiertech_as50-1.jpg

or the mag fed 20mm by anzio iron works shooting the 1800 grain bullet?
930120mm022standingatangle-fp.jpg

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

will your mouth fit over the muzzle of either of those??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Those are both great specimens of modern weaponry. My buddy has a paint ball gun that is pretty big like that.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-10 AT 00:32AM (MST)[p]The way you shoot you should choose the one with the biggest magazine...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Better get a Flame Thrower too stinky.
Try as you may,You're not going to out shoot Terra.
So who's packing all your Ammo?
You gonna load Slam down like a Mule?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-10 AT 07:27AM (MST)[p]I think you should go with the one that has a 100 round detachable drum magazine, that might increase your kill rate.

Lots of rounds doesn't make one a better shooter. I'd look to the grenade launcher family to help take out anything in the area.

normal_work041.jpg

Or maybe something like this-

RBS-70_Saab_anti-aircraft_sol_air_defense_missile_system_Australia_Australian_army_001.jpg

>will your mouth fit over the
>muzzle of either of those??
>
>
>
>great post/pic, thanks for sharing
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I dont think his arms are long enough to reach the trigger though.....keep looking stinky......Think "carbine"

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Dryfly-
That last one is absolutely perfect for Stinky!!
LMAO!!

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

A grenade launcher, why didn't I think about that???? Perfect lol

fego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

All this attraction to big guns makes it seem like you're compensating for more than just being a bad shot.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-10 AT 12:20PM (MST)[p] No doubt NV. Guys with small guns have a tendicy to choose better/bigger wepons mostly to satisfy their loved ones. She probably like fast action and fallow up shots also.
Might try the mini gun it has a unique vibration!!

387minigunn.jpg

Rutnbuck

someone please ban rutnbuck. that was nowhere near 50% and just plain wrong. For god sake man its lunch time you freakin looser rofl!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

Stink dont be a big P just get all of them. Lots off people buy shiz they cant afford then go file for bankruptcy. Then oyu can start all over again. I have seen it and the people that do it, apparently it doesn't bother them either!!

"will your mouth fit over the muzzle of either of those??"

Yes..... With room to spare......you could say the same about an M1 Abrams....... Terry

I want the the grenade-gun for calling coyotes...where can I get one.....could you imagine the look on a pair coming into the call when that thing went off???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom