Where's all the moose talk

H

habitat

Finally drew unit 25 this year and no one else seems to be excited about hunting moose in WY this year.

I am excited about hunting moose in Wyoming. I drew a resident Unit 10 tag. I am very familiar with this unit and have seen some nice bulls over the years. I have a primary zone to hunt with two separate backup spots if my first area doesn't work out. I have a son and a friend coming to help with the pack. I am going to start hunting on September 23rd and hunt until the job is done. I have been brushing up on my field judging skills and I think I know what I am looking for.

I have a NR tag for 24. Can't wait to go but I was hoping to bowhunt my moose but just don't see it working out because of time. Still may archery hunt for a few days during the rifle season and then rifle hunt if needed. I should have a total of 15 days (minimum) to get it done. Wished I lived closer to scout but that might make the wait even harder. .

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-11 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]Probably the reason there is no excitement is because most of us don't have a moose tag this year. Good Luck, and post some pictures.

That's probably true with less tags in the western part of the state because of the wolves. Good luck and I hope to see some nice photos of a big one when you get back.

Hey Randy,
I'm jacked for the chance to chase a big 'ol swamp donkey. 11 years of anticipation ends in October. I'll bet we kill a couple of big boys ! Chip

I have a NR moose tag for 26. I have been shooting my bow, watching moose videos, and trying to formulate a good game plan for a successful hunt. I am not overly worried about killing a bull, just worried about packing it out once I do as I am going to be hunting on my own. My pack frame is going to get a good workout I hope!

Horniac

Good luck to ya Horniac! Doing that by yourself will be quite an accomplishment. The head/cape will probably be the killer, but after that you can bone everything out and just keep making trips with weight that you can carry comfortably.

Ya I'm going solo too, to unit 20. I am about set to go. Spent quite a bit getting the jeep up to par for the trip. It's good to go.

You guys have fun doing those solo hunts and be extra careful being by yourself out in the boonies, especially with your knives when working on a critter!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom