Where you buy gear? ... ??? of the Day

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Question of the Day ... Where do you buy most of your hunting gear? Cabela's, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc.
Are you guys buying online or in the store more often? Who, like me, searches the internet for prices before buying?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

If I am going to a store it is probably Sportsman's warehouse or Cabela's (usually for small quick items) but recently I have bought most of my stuff through the internet. I search for deals but...I find that customer service means more to me. I am loyal to a few places and try to give me business to the companies that treat me best. I am currently buying most of my clothing and backpacks from Santana Outdoors; I buy all my bow hunting items from Bulls eye Archery in Cheyenne Wyoming; and I buy my optics from Camera Land. These are a few stores where I have found the best customer service. I have found it is worth it to pay more for better service.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-15 AT 03:37PM (MST)[p]When I can, I shop forum classifieds for mildly used gear @ a fraction of retail prices. People's size, tastes, needs change between purchase and use, so I get what I want and help them clear the closet. For retailers, hard to beat Cabela's if you live close enough to a store where you can get free ship-to-store and free returns of shipped items. Sierra trading Post, Amazon, Overstock sometimes have deals. Camofire/Black Ovis is shipping me an order as we speak. So is a forum member who responded to my classified here.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-15 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]I get a lot of my gear from Scheel's and on Amazon.com. I get 2% back on all purchases with my credit card for Amazon purchases, so I can slip in a few items a year without getting audited by the wife. I have a Cabela's store in Reno as well, but the prices at Scheel's seem to be better. I have bought gear off Ebay, but it is a little risky.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Most of the time I try to find deals online for used gear. Can't afford the new stuff..
have gotten some great deals online eBay for myself and some even better deals for my kids. A couple of the people on eBay must get returns from bass pro i have gotten red head boots worn very little but very cheap.

With three kids, my most recent pants and backpack were from WalMart... I usually get stuff at Smith and Edwards. I've got some stuff from Cabelas and Sportsmens as well...

I spread it out I guess...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Depends...
Cabellas,Gander Mtn,Sierra Trading Post,and some of the backpacking companies have gotten my business over the years.
Amazon now too.
I go to the source for something special usually.Or try.

I have a couple local stores I try and buy from too. Ma & Pa places.

I don't buy stuff very often, but when I do its who ever has it on sale. I have some hunting clothes I still use when I was 20, that is 17 years ago. Not very often do I buy clothes/gear. The pack frames I have now will likely last me till I can't walk anymore. The guns I have will definitely be with me till I am done hunting.
SPortsmans is the common place I go, bass pro and cabelas are too expensive most of the time when I do need something.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom