Where would you hunt with the Commissioner tag?

M

mulieslayer52

Have a friend that might be getting a commissioner tag for wyoming. He asked for my help and have I no idea where to start looking for a place to hunt in Wyoming.

What are the best units for elk and deer in Wyoming (he wants a toad of a buck or bull and will work for it)

THANKS!!!!

Spend the 6-10K in another state the best hunts are general areas and you can draw them every couple of years. The Wyoming G&F has no interest in managing for any quality animals or for that matter any quality uncrowded hunting opportunity. The only quality in Wyoming is because some parts of the state are rugged enough to keep most out.

Look for a private ranch with quality. I would not consider a public land hunt. Elk areas 7, 16 or maybe some others with good private land hunting. No great deer areas, again, private lands are the key. Maybe Sliver Spur Outfittetrs in the Saratoga/Encampment areas or R and K in SW Wyo.

In reference to the above post about the hunting in Wyoming being worthless, while I partially agree that management by the G&F isn't always the greatest, I can't say as I would scoff at the chance to hunt on a commissioners tag. If you're friend is looking at going after elk, I'm not sure there would be better potential in the state than Park County for a true giant on public land. Other areas mentioned above would be good with private land access, but you are paying around 8-10k for a guided hunt on a quality ranch.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom