Where Were You 9-11-01?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

I still remember the Job site I was on early that Morning!

The Quietest Day I've ever heard!

No Planes in the Sky!

No birds Chirping!

Just flat out Scary Quiet!

3 Fly-Overs & it woulda been a done Deal!

But Hell No,Our Government will separate the Good Rag-Heads from the Bad Rag-Heads!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Laying on the bank of the King Salmon river in Alaska with my B&C moose that I killed the night before.Some hunters from Colo. came floating down the river and said NYC had been attacked. Was strange not seeing any planes flying out there the next few days.

I was off that day and was stunned when I turned on the TV to see the horror unfolding before my teary eyes. I will never forget that tragic day.
God Bless this nation and may we NEVER see another 9-11. Never again.

Eldorado

Working on a job site near home for a change,soon after we received the news everyone called it and went home to be with familiy.....

Driving up I-15 thinking that this couldn't be real. Then watching it unfold on a TV in a bar on the ground floor on the SLC Marriott. A guy next to me had (he got out) a SIL in the 2nd tower.

Was working night shift and had just got done pulling a hydraulic tank out of a Cat 953 on the initail start of the legacy highway project and heading home that morning and heard the news on the radio about the first tower. Nobody knew what was going on yet. I parked my service truck in the driveway and walked in and turned the tv on just in time to see the second tower get hit and thats when everyone knew it was no accident.

I was sitting in my first period class my junior year of high school when I first found out of the attacks. We just watched the news all day. I'll never forget that day or the feeling going thru the school It still gives me goosebumps!

Well Big Balls

I was hunting deer atop Big Cottonwood Canyon

My wife left me 10 messages on my cell phone to get home, the country was under attack. It was a day I'll never forget.

I went back that night to hunt it was the quietest hunt I have ever had and ever will have.

JUST GETTING READY TO GO ON DUTY FOR MY SHIFT AT THE FIRE DEPT. A TON OF HOME LAND SECURITY MEMOS, RULES, AND EQUIPMENT WERE THEN ISSUED TO ME FOR THE MONTHS THAT ENSUED.................YD.

I was getting ready for work. I can to this day still remember seeing the first building on fire and watched the second plane hit. I said right there to my wife that that was a passenger jet and we were under attack. I took the first half of the day off from work. My wife went to work and I stayed home with my daughter. As she played I took several photos of her thinking to myself how fast things can change. I felt so bad for the people involved.

I was out in the corral installing a powder river gate and the wife hollered breakfast was ready...when I walked into the house she said a plane had hit one the of twin towers...I turned on the T.V. and that is just when I saw the other plane hit the other tower...I told her that is no accident, we are under attack..I immediately went down stairs and shoulder holstered my .45 auto and never took it off for a couple of days..

I was at work in the sawmill. I had the radio on and heard that a plane hit one of the twin towers in NYC. I didn't know what a "twin tower" was (I thought maybe it was a radio tower or something). Then I heard another plane hit the south tower.

I thought, no radio reception in NYC. BFD!

The Polish guy I was working with spoke on English, so he was no help.

It wasn't until lunch time that someone told me it was the World Trade Center.

Eel

Myself and a coworker were on a B-1 bomber working a maintenance issue with an aircrew on board the jet. My buddy had his comm headset plugged into the jet and was listening to the UHF chatter. Then the radio chatter started upgrading our force protection levels, we went from from normal to the highest level in about 2 minutes or less. We climbed off the jet because we were to get into the building ASAP. I looked at my boss who had been inside all morning and I asked him what was going on, he tells me a plane flew into a building. Someone brought in a TV and we were able to get the local newstation with a piece of safety wire attached to the ceiling tile lattice to get signal. We were all looking in horror and after I saw the second plane hit the tower, I knew it was an attack. I called my wife and told her I was fine and that she shouldn't go anywhere that day. I next called my Dad and asked if he was okay, he said he was fine and then the questions started. Where you going if you were going, who are you after, etc. I basically told him I had no idea and if I knew anything I couldn't tell him for safety reasons. He said he understood and left it at that. Spent the next 5 years either indirect or indirect support of getting aircraft to the Middle East to get these slimeball bastards that did this.
WVBOWAK

I was judging livestock at the Albuquerque State Fair. They shut the fair down except for the livestock exhibitors. Weird day.

I think no matter where you were the impact was the same due to the immediate coverage of the tv and internet. I was sitting in my suburban Washington DC office reading on CNN about the planes hitting the WTC towers in New York. As we were watching the coverage on the internet my co worker was on the phone with his wife that works near the Pentagon. He stood up and yelled, " the Pentagons been hit!" I ran to the window and saw a big column of black smoke. I felt my heart go into my stomach. The people in the office stood in dead silence. We were all in shock. I watched a re-cap of September 11 today. It was really tough. I still remember just like it was yesterday.

Room 202 Residence Inn SLC. Working on the Olympics. I can't believe its been 10 years. I remember going to my office on Redwood Road that afternoon. Prettiest day you ever saw. Not 1 plane in the air. That creeped me out. Made 2 calls at about 7am, one to my wife... said turn the TV on... 2nd to my crew... told them stay home with your familes. Damnit.. still hard

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I was at PAX River for a meeting. Saw the first one hit and we all knew it wasn't an accident. All phone lines...cell, land, DSN, were down almost immediately. Could not call home to let the boss know I was ok; couldn't call the C.O. to let him know we were all ok. That night we were scared/anxious, talking about all the what ifs, trying to guess what our futures would be and who would get deployed...and, to where.

Wifey was at home aboard China Lake. Day before she had disagreement with ##### at clinic on base.

I later found an open line during an attmept to call the C.O. and asked him to tell my wife I was ok. He decided to drive over. So, on the way to an engagement, he had his driver take him over to our house..in his uniform, in a government car. She was scared I had been killed and couldn't bring herself to ask. . I told her that I would try to visit the Pentagon either Tuesday or Wednesday to visit a Corpsman-turned Intel Officer. Anyway, she was crying and afraid to ask 'that' question and asked if she was in trouble about the clinic argument. Colonel said no, he just came by to say I would be delayed in coming home.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

i was getting ready for school, i think 8th grade. my mom told me what happen so we watched tv for a bit.

i went downstairs to iron a shirt and in our basement we have another living room, si cranked the tv up and i wanted to watch and instead of going into the laundry room to iron my shirt i did it on the living room floor.

the second plane crashed and i sat the iron down and just stared at the tv. next thing i knew i burnt the carpet. my parents left the iron spot there to this day. everytime i see the iron spot i can remember watching that plane hit the tower

Elk hunting with a good friend. We finished the morning hunt, jumped in the truck to head back to the ranch. We turned on the radio for some tunes but it was all news...it didn't make sense. Everything seemed so confusing so we headed into town to the cafe in Hanna. They had the TV on so we watched with some fellow hunters as we ate breakfast. Very surreal day. It doesn't seem like ten years already.

Traditional >>>------->

I was on my way to Meeker, Co to harvest a grass variety trial. We listened in silence for most of the drive.

Tahiti where all the news was in french. It took awhile to find out what happened. It was a crappy feeling to be away when it was such a terrible time for our nation.

I went to school and they told us something bad had happened. Then they told us we would not get to watch it on TV at school. Then we went on with normal school. Saw it on re-runs on TV when I got home. I was in like the 8th grade.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-11 AT 09:03PM (MST)[p]I was 15 and getting ready for school. My dad came in and got me. I was supposed to be writing a report on them for school, I was on top of them 2 weeks before.... It was a sight I will never forget!! Neither one of them....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I was on my 7 days off, and was up late the night before.

My girlfriend had woke me up when she left for work(at the South Area Tooele Army Depot) but I was soon fast asleep again.

It was 3 hours later that I heard our front door open, and I got up expecting to bash a burgler...they had sent all Non military personel home. She tried to explain, but we turned the tv on and watched as the 2nd plane hit.

The sickening empty, gut knotting feeling...I never wanna feel again! But we stomached as much tv coverage as we could, until we had to go.

We decided on golf, so we loaded up and went golfing, we finished 9 holes, and I swear we barely spoke until we were about done, and she said she didn't wanna leave, so we golfed 9 more, and again at the end of 18 we weren't ready to go watch more, so we went around again.

Then it was down to the bar, where there was a packed house, watching the tv.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I was right here working at Boeing watching it on the internet when possible.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I was up at my normal time that Tuesday 5:30 AM and followed my normal routine, got the paper a cup of coffee and turned on Fox News before I left for work. I was stunned by what I was watching unfold on the TV and it kept getting worse. I didn't make it to work until 10 on 9/11, I knew the world as we knew didn't excist anymore. I had been on top of the world trade center less than a year before and was sick to my stomach when I watched them go down.

Never, Never Forget

I was sitting at my office desk ordering some supplies for the shop and the boss came in and said to go to the company website now. So I closed out and logged on to the Hdq's website and there it was live as the 2nd plane was heading to the building.

Next thing we knew we had about 8-10 guys in the office watching the crap take place. The rest of the day was a drag and nothing got done that I know of then. I went on vacation later that month and on NOV 1st I retired.

That is how I will always remember the day.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Woke up and turned on the news as I did every morning before college and as I turned it on I recall seeing the smoke billowing out of the first tower thinking i was on a movie channel and not local news. As i was trying to determine the realism of the situation i watched live as the 2nd plane hit. I honestly sat there in complete confusion until i was able to realize we were being attacked. then it was pure anger the rest of the day and days following.

I was on the very top of a local mountain glassin a beautiful alpine basin for muleys. Was too hot and nothing was moving. I was leaning against a rock cairn when suddenly 2 fighter jets fly directly over me. I swear they must have had that mountain as the highest point and set the altimetre to just above it. Seemed they were only metres above me when they flew over. I was in shock. Thought that was pretty darn amazing. With nothing stirring in the basin and a buddy of mine coming up to the Interior to hunt with me early that afternoon, I decided to bail off the mountain fairly early that morning. When I got back to my truck and turned it on the Beach Boys were on the only AM radio station I could find. So I was bouncing down the road listening to some feel good music when the song suddenly ended and they said the US was under attack. I raced home as fast as I could. When I walked in the door my wife had the TV on and I asked her what the hell was going on. It was only moments later the first tower fell. I will never forget that as long as I live.
The next day my buddy and I went out to hunt but our hearts were so heavy we just couldn't get into it. Pulled over to glass a high elevation cut and spotted a big grizz feeding on blueberries just under us. We sat and watched him for hours.

Waiting for a float plane on the North West Territories tundra. (caribou hunting) Plane never came, we waited three days. The thoughts that go through your head when your stranded 200 miles from the nearest electric light, the nearest food, nearest anything, and an Arctic winter due at any time, is any interesting study.

For three days we had no idea if we'd every see home again. Info was hard to get, it was confusing and scary as hell. They told us, "they bombed New York City". That's all we knew for 24 hours, that and that no one was going to come for us and we where the least of anyone's problems. We didn't know who, "they" were or what kind of "bomb" they'd dropped.

We were thinking, the world is about to explode and here we sit with slice of bologna and a glass of lake water. We didn't have enough information to even be concerned for the victims of the Trade Center. It sounds callused and selfish now but the honest answer is, at the time, we were more worried about how we were going to survive than any thing else on 9-11.

DC

My wife woke me up a couple minutes early to show me what had happened. Like most of you, I watched the 2nd plane hit. We watched together in silence for a while before I knew I had to get in to work. On the way there, my wife called to tell me a tower fell. Part of my job at the time was to know where all our employees were throughout the world. We had one traveler that was in NY and possibly in the tower. I spent all day trying to track him down, but never got in touch with him. The rest of the week, my job consisted of calling every hospital around and following up on previous calls. I left information about his name and description and gave them my contact info if they found anything. The following Sunday right before church, a doctor called my home saying they had found our employee in the rubble. He didnt make it.

Me and a good friend were out hunting grouse. Came into work (we worked together) and found out the news. Horrible day.

Sophomore year of High School, Algebra II. Was too young and dumb to realize how significant of an event it really was. To this day, the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom