Where to put in for Oryx

N

nmhs

I am putting myself and my wife in for Oryx this year but I am not sure which area to put in for. The choices are Rhodes Canyon, Stallion range and the small missle range. What are the pros and cons of each range? Thanks NMHS

I am not sure about the pro's and con's of each area, but I went with my buddy last Jan. and we had an excellent hunt at the Stallion Range. I knew 5 people that had tags and all of them tagged out on the first day, a buddy's girlfriend killed an awesome 40in female and the guy I went with got a nice 34in bull. Saw lots of animals and from what I have heard this is the best place to hunt them. Good luck in the draw and hopefully I will draw a tag as well. Very good eating animals as well...

I have only been to the Stalion Range would also have to agree that it is great I have been there twice and we saw lots of oryx both my uncle and cousine killed 33 inch cows. If we knew how to judge them we should have gotten bigger ones.

Muliefanatic

If a hunter farts in the woods and there is nobody around to smell it does it stink?

I'm going to the Stallion range this weekend to hunt oryx and would apprecitate any advice on hunting or jugding these animals. Do bulls typically score more? I've heard cows can be longer but the bulls with their mass might score more. Are the bulls and cows together this time of year? How do you tell them apart? Are the bulls just bigger and act like bulls as opposed to females?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom