Where is the best archery elk in Idaho?

I

Idabow

Where is the best elk hunting with a bow in Idaho? What kind of bulls can you expect to get in general season public land hunting? Please post pictures if you have them. I know the season is almost here and I am getting pumped.

Does anyone know what to expect from unit 31? I am looking for a general archery elk hunt and i'm curious what you guys think.

31 has lots of people and the elk get pushed early to the private. If you have private ground to hunt then go for it but I hunted it last year and won't be going back.

sounds like someone has no idea where they should hunt or what they are even looking for. have you even scouted anywhere, or, are you just completely fishing? good luck where ever you end up, but you should really attempt to be a little more pro-active on your own. if you have, my bad. but judging by the first sentence of your first post, i assume you havent.

I live in the Unit, and wouldn't expect anything but a "Full Circus" come Sept. in unit 31. Good Luck

Used to be fun to chucker hunt that area durring the middle of the day lull. Guess you could go fishing, but elk hunting...??? I'd keep looking for another unit.

There are elk in there, and there are a few large bulls, but like has been said they will be on private land by 10am opening day.

Here is what 31 looks like on opening day....

dog_and_pony_show.jpg

I would hunt unit 40 rifle and you could expect to shoot something well over 300.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom