where am I at??

C

clinton5

Is there any good maps out there that show unit boundries???
I'm speed goat hunting near riverton and the WY F&G map doesnt show boundries well unless a hwy marks the boundry. Thanks guys...jon

The link ColoradoOak posted is about as good as there is for boundaries on the different animals.

Look at the written description of boundaries and draw them in on your map. That's the best way I have found.

To add on to what HiMtnHntr has done, I have also done this on google earth the print the map off. Zoom in tight and you will be very accurate map. I mark out all the key points of interest such as water and roads. Now once you have your boundry made grid the area and print out each over lapping grid and put into a 3 ring binder. While hunting I mark the maps up and then transfer the info to google earth for record. Works great and best of all the software is free.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Thank you guys for all the input. I got some great advice to start from now. THANKS!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-12 AT 03:26PM (MST)[p]You can find them in the application booklet section of the website and they also mail the pamphlet to you with your deer or antelope license. It is sent later in the summer by itself in the case of an elk license due to the early drawing for elk. Here is the link for all of them in the R&R section on the website:

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/HUNTING-1000179.aspx

A different (more expensive) option would be software that is either downloadable onto a Garmin map capable gps or they have a chip option that is just plug N Play. It shows land ownership, unit boundaries, and from what I'm seeing on mine it also shows wilderness boundaries which is nice if you are a non res hunting close to wilderness. In your case with antelope probably not. One good thing about this is if you are hunting a unit with mixed public/private it really would come in handy. I know you are probably just asking for a paper map of unit but thought I'd throw it out there.... :)

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/

Ironranger hit it on the head!!! Pick up Huntingpsmaps.coms map and you will know exactly where you are. Great product!!!

Buy the gps and get the map chips. It is the way to go. If you are in an area of question you can show your course and stay out of trouble if someone tries to run you off or calls the wardens. They are worth there weight in gold.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom