When winters get long.

DW

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-20-15 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]Who says u cant troll when its iced over?

I liked the one comment: "Ahhh Summer in Wisconsin" :)

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

That seems like lots of work but it was interesting.
I'll stick with just spinning around if I want to get light-headed. Much easier and I don't need ice.
Zeke

...must be in a foreign country....in the US no doubt some brand of Ranger would show up to put a stop to the fun....

Well!

We never cut a Circle!:D

But We were Known to cut Troughs with Our Chain Saws!

Wardens never liked it but We didn't have any Augers!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

In Utard they would have dumped hundreds of gallons of oil in the cut for lubrication. :D

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

>In Utard they would have dumped
>hundreds of gallons of oil
>in the cut for lubrication.
>:D
>
>Eel
>

Well, here in Texas we would cut the damn thing with hot oil - wouldn't even use a saw or a blade. Pretty clean, and a little oil never hurt the water. Right?

Why, Eel? Do you have something against oil?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

A few hundred pounds of salt and a "baseball line" "lime dispenser"............ pound that spike in, hook that rope up to the side of the dispenser and start walking.

It only works if the circle is large enough to hold your 4x4 up in counter balance. I'd most likely walk over to the edge, the circle will flip up, I'd go in and under, the ice circle would come back down. Keep a garden hose handy!

Oh....it's a mess.............. when you forget the physics.

DC

Actually, here you go.

Drive a heavy bar into the ice. Attach a heavy rope to the bar, about 40 feet away, attach the other end to "your buddy's" 4 x 4, (tie it around the the foot rest part of "your buddy's" 4 x 4) attach a "ice plow" to the tow hitch on "your buddies" 4 x 4 so it will dig down into the ice, like a single bottom plow. Fire up the wheeler, drop'er in 4 wheel low, turn her loose.

No need to mount up, the rope will keep the mooooochine cutting ice by itself.

Stop it now and again to lower the depth of the "ice plow", between the perch your catching and the Johnsonville brats your turning.

BCat, maybe there is a good use for a wheeler. This would be more difficult with a mule or a cayuse.

DC

"Why, Eel? Do you have something against oil?"

No, no, NO! I love me some Texas Tea!! The hot oil was a great idea.

I just felt a little embarrassed for Texans when they cut it out in the shape of a star and then couldn't figure out why it wouldn't spin.

See 2Lumpy's post above.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom