When sitting in snow

B

BBND

Curious as to what you late season hunters sit on when the ground has snow on it.

I have a little pillow seat type thing that packs up ok, but looking for some quiet ideas to stay dry.

Thanks.

If it's snowy I usually have on some goreTex over-pants and I also take a piece of closed-cell foam.
Good luck,
Zeke

We hunt 3rd season in CO and I do a lot of sitting. I wear insulated bibs with a Gortex liner and then sit on a seat cushion that has a back, kind of like stadium seats. I stomp out a hole in the snow then set the cushion down and kick back. Pretty comfy.

Thanks for sharing guys.

I can see I'm missing out not having gortex pants.

I've got the Kryptek lightweight pants which I hike in with and then put on my heavier ones. They're nice, but not water resistant.

I like the stadium chair idea, but I sure hope I don't have that much snow to deal with!

I'm going to look into the closed cell foam.

Only 10 days and I'll be in the mountains of MT hunting elk!

A foot and a half of snow really makes things happen when elk hunting. I'm leaving next week for CO and hoping for snow!

Like said gore-tex pants but I take my 3 inch foam butt pad and if it's gonna be real long sit then I throw in a weathered piece of tyvek. Tyvek is noisy at first when new but throw in the drier for a while with a pair of jeans and it quiets right down. Easily fits in a pocket too.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Cutting a cheap sleeping pad is a good idea. Would roll up good for easier transport I bet.

The Tyvek is a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Thanks guys!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom