Wheeler Historic Farm, UT?

H

HillbillyNnevada

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-09 AT 01:27AM (MST)[p]I know there are tons of Utah guys on this forum so maybe you guys can give me some advice. My administrative assistant is getting married in Salt Lake City and it looks like the reception is going to be held at Wheeler Historic Farm. She has invited my family and she is a great person so I am considering making the trip if I can think of some things to pack the rest of the weekend. I have been to Salt Lake City to hunt moose but we didn't really get to take in the sights and sounds of the city.

Can any of you local guys recommend things to do and places to visit? I should say that I am limited in what I can do by a small child.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-09 AT 02:34AM (MST)[p]Small Child? Go up and tour the Copper Mine, I took my kids up and they loved seeing the big trucks and equipment working. Depending on the time of day you may see some nice bulls hanging out in the fields. If you need directions or help send me a PM.

Wheeler's Historic Farm is in the middle of the Valley in Murray. If you are staying close to there it puts you in a good spot to do many things in the SLC area with your kid. In addition to Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse is close too. The link SureShot gave is pretty good, and you could probably ride the TRAX to get around to most of the places you needed to, including Temple Square (a must see) and the downtown SLC area.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Head up to Park City and try the Alpine Slide... That's always fun for kids (and "grown ups"). Plus it gives you an excuse to get away from that city part of the state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom