Wheelchair Help with 101 Deer

E

EDGE_1

I have a family member I'll be helping in a couple weeks that will be hunting from the road (wheelchair) on 101. I'm looking for any advice on areas to start looking.
I also understand the unit is down from what it was a couple years ago. So taking this into consideration we are hoping to find a huntable buck in the 155+ class. Am I crazy to think this is possible to accomplish from the road?

Thanks for any information your willing to share!

Kevin

My advice is to listen closely to what nontypical tells you. If he offers help, take it!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

There is certainly no shortage of roads in 101. I would think it would be ideal for a wheelchair hunter. I would hunt as late in the season as I could, to increase the chance of the rut. The roads can get nasty in wet weather.

Eel

nontypical, i hear that you done good!! :) You are to be congratulated, my hat is off to you Sir!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

This was posted in the mule deer Forum... Awesome Guys, well done and a very nice Buck, Congrats!!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID6/23604.html#4

5977wy_101_2012.jpg

Joey

Thats just awesome !!! I'd say you made your 155" goal. Congrats to the dedicated hunter and all those that were kind enough to help !!

Congratulations to all concerned! I love to see people overcome tough circumstances and enjoy the great outdoors.

Nicely done.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom