whats your thoughts about dwr officers?

C

creamofthecrop

i seen an add posted on ksl and most the comments posted were negative. what your thought and opinions and why?

I've only had one experience from which I came away a little off. I know of a spot that requires going through a couple miles of the neighboring state in order to get there. On the way in, several miles from the main road, we came upon an officer who's truck was sunk in a mud hole. We got out to see if we could help. He saw us & promptly walked right towards us and with a commanding tone asked for our licenses. He wasn't what I would call personable about the whole thing. He proceeded to tell us how we couldn't hunt that area because we were in the other state. We told him that we knew that but the state line was only about 1/2 mile away and we would be there in a minute. He wasn't very pleased about the whole thing. After that was all worked out, he realized that his truck was still stuck. His attitude completely changed as he asked us to pull his truck out of the mud. I was tempted to get in my truck & drive away.

All other encounters have been professional and courteous. Especially when I phoned the officer who was over an area I hunted this last year. He was very polite and helpful.

BTW, I've been on 5 draw hunts. I never even saw an officer on any of those hunts.

i had a run inn one time out duck hunting that made me not like that particular one but other than that they have been nice. one day while out duck hunting i was with 3 of my buddies and my buddy brought along a friend, didnt have a good day at all with very little shots and only 4 birds, while cleaning up the decoys and on our long walk back all the sudden this kid starts shooting right behind me when its almost pitch black. he fired 5 rounds, yep you guessed it he didnt have his plug in. so when we get back to the truck there is the game warden standing right by our truck. he checks our licenses and plugs and shells, well the kid my buddy brought along didnt have a plug, hunting with another kids license, and lead shells. after the officer finds all this out he turned into an ass. you are all getting tickets for shooting late, well i said he was the only one that shot. he said i dont care i heard five shots and there are five of you and he couldnt have shot all those shells. the kid confesses and the officer says just because you are in alot of trouble already doesnt mean you need to take all the blame, after several minutes of arguing he calls the cops to come and take this kid to jail. well they finially decided to not take him because he was the driver of the truck and it was hid dads and they would have to impound it and what not, but he still gave us all a ticket. it was like $350 bucks so we went and talked to the prosecutor and she offer a $100 ticket and 20 hours community service. what a joke i said i am not accepting that for not doing anything wrong so we went and talked with the judge he gave us a ticket for the whole price and 20 hours community service. man did i wanna kick that kids a** but i never seen him again. but still i thought the game warden acted unprofessionally because he was cool until he found out how illegal that kid was. and what happened to this kid, $100 dollar fine with 20 hours community service.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom