What's Your Dream Hunt?

ElkSniper

Very Active Member
I guess I'll start of by saying my dream hunt.

My dream hunt would be an elk hunt with 2 best buddies. It's a 3 to 4 day back packing trip on San Antonio mountain unit 52 NM. Not any big bulls there but good size. It would be a muzzleloader hunt in the rut. Bulls screaming everywhere! Nothing beats hunting elk in the rut in the gold aspens.

Now all I need to do is draw a tag which is impossible with like a 5% chance as a resident.

Whats your dream hunt?
It can be any where any time any species.

I guess I'll start of by saying my dream hunt.

My dream hunt would be an elk hunt with 2 best buddies. It's a 3 to 4 day back packing trip on San Antonio mountain unit 52 NM. Not any big bulls there but good size. It would be a muzzleloader hunt in the rut. Bulls screaming everywhere! Nothing beats hunting elk in the rut in the gold aspens.

Now all I need to do is draw a tag which is impossible with like a 5% chance as a resident.

Whats your dream hunt?
It can be any where any time any species.

If money was no object my dream hunt would be a 10 day pack in Yukon hunt . Something where I could hunt 3 or 4 animals and see some nice country .

A more realistic dream hunt for me will be when I can draw a Arizona elk tag like unit 10 , and spend the whole season hunting . The bad thing is my buddies don't have the points in other states that I have , and I know that my hunts will all be solo .

If money was no object my dream hunt would be a 10 day pack in Yukon hunt . Something where I could hunt 3 or 4 animals and see some nice country .

A more realistic dream hunt for me will be when I can draw a Arizona elk tag like unit 10 , and spend the whole season hunting . The bad thing is my buddies don't have the points in other states that I have , and I know that my hunts will all be solo .

I change mine about every week it seems. Something that has always stuck with me though is to kill a big ole bear with my bow on kodiak island. I would like to take a big horn one day and a caribou. Also a stag is up there on the list

I change mine about every week it seems. Something that has always stuck with me though is to kill a big ole bear with my bow on kodiak island. I would like to take a big horn one day and a caribou. Also a stag is up there on the list

A group of knolls, tapering away from me at ranges of 100 to 600 yards, completely overrun with ground squirrels.

My 4 most accurate varmint rifles and a thousand rounds of ammo.

A full moon night to see and shoot the coyotes that come in to clean up all the "grey diggers" I shot during the day.

Two days of this then on to another dove shoot in Argentina.

I have already killed more than my share of deer and elk....you younger guys can have them now.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

A group of knolls, tapering away from me at ranges of 100 to 600 yards, completely overrun with ground squirrels.

My 4 most accurate varmint rifles and a thousand rounds of ammo.

A full moon night to see and shoot the coyotes that come in to clean up all the "grey diggers" I shot during the day.

Two days of this then on to another dove shoot in Argentina.

I have already killed more than my share of deer and elk....you younger guys can have them now.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

New Zealand Red Stag hunt would be mine. Ever since I saw the first Red Stag hunt on the boobtube I've been hooked.

I think the last hunt I will go on for my lifetime will be a brown bear hunt with a pocket knife........

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

New Zealand Red Stag hunt would be mine. Ever since I saw the first Red Stag hunt on the boobtube I've been hooked.

I think the last hunt I will go on for my lifetime will be a brown bear hunt with a pocket knife........

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I do my dream hunt every year. Nothing to brag about as far as antler trophies go. Take last year. My son turned 12 and was able to purchase a permit. I took him out on the general rifle deer hunt and he also drew a cow elk tag. He never filled his tag but had some shots.

The times we spent together far out weighed anything I could put on my wall.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have my wall covered with animals. It's the time spent in the mountains and especially and more important building a bond with my son.

That is my trophy hunt as we will continue this year. Any animal we get is just a bonus...

I do my dream hunt every year. Nothing to brag about as far as antler trophies go. Take last year. My son turned 12 and was able to purchase a permit. I took him out on the general rifle deer hunt and he also drew a cow elk tag. He never filled his tag but had some shots.

The times we spent together far out weighed anything I could put on my wall.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have my wall covered with animals. It's the time spent in the mountains and especially and more important building a bond with my son.

That is my trophy hunt as we will continue this year. Any animal we get is just a bonus...

I am fortunate to be able to hunt for big bulls in the rut every year. Backpacking in, where no one else goes makes it a dream hunt. Can't wait until Aug 30th!!!

My next dream trip would be taking my dad to Kansas to hunt pheasants over a good dog. Dad has always loved to hunt birds, it would be a dream come true for him.

Lastly, I would love a rifle Dall Sheep hunt in the famous Brooks Range. No guide, just my pack, glass, and rifle. If I get it done great, if not, it's all about the experience. It just gives you more dreams to dream about.

I am fortunate to be able to hunt for big bulls in the rut every year. Backpacking in, where no one else goes makes it a dream hunt. Can't wait until Aug 30th!!!

My next dream trip would be taking my dad to Kansas to hunt pheasants over a good dog. Dad has always loved to hunt birds, it would be a dream come true for him.

Lastly, I would love a rifle Dall Sheep hunt in the famous Brooks Range. No guide, just my pack, glass, and rifle. If I get it done great, if not, it's all about the experience. It just gives you more dreams to dream about.

1. Dall sheep hunt
2. Moose in Alaska
3. Oryx in new Mexico

Any one else want to hunt oryx in NM?

1. Dall sheep hunt
2. Moose in Alaska
3. Oryx in new Mexico

Any one else want to hunt oryx in NM?

1.Canada Muley hunt

2.Alaska Moose

3.New Zealand Red Stag

4.Brown bear

5.Caribou

NM oryx would be awasome

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

1.Canada Muley hunt

2.Alaska Moose

3.New Zealand Red Stag

4.Brown bear

5.Caribou

NM oryx would be awasome

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Not too hard to please...... My dream hunt is my next hunt!!!! A Henries Muley hunt would be okay too.

Not too hard to please...... My dream hunt is my next hunt!!!! A Henries Muley hunt would be okay too.

a trophy turtle hunt with the outfitter TOP TURTLE TAKERS the best outfitter money can buy!

Or, a high fence hunt for the ever elsuive, bald beaver......

littlebeaver.jpg

Funny-Beaver-shirt-how-i-met-your-mother-17679436-350-350.jpg

a trophy turtle hunt with the outfitter TOP TURTLE TAKERS the best outfitter money can buy!

Or, a high fence hunt for the ever elsuive, bald beaver......

littlebeaver.jpg

Funny-Beaver-shirt-how-i-met-your-mother-17679436-350-350.jpg

Every hunt with my son is a dream hunt just as every hunt with my father was. This year junior and I have Idaho 66A bull tags and we are really looking forward to the hunt.

Every hunt with my son is a dream hunt just as every hunt with my father was. This year junior and I have Idaho 66A bull tags and we are really looking forward to the hunt.

Alright guys! I like the hunts you picked. I have been oryx hunting in NM and there is no other experience like it.

Keep em coming!

Alright guys! I like the hunts you picked. I have been oryx hunting in NM and there is no other experience like it.

Keep em coming!

I would want a multiple species Yukon hunt for Stone Sheep, grizzly, and mountain caribou. A moose tag would be an added bonus.

I would want a multiple species Yukon hunt for Stone Sheep, grizzly, and mountain caribou. A moose tag would be an added bonus.

Dream hunt??

Never killed an elk and hope to one day..

but I love wingshooting... and that would be Argentina!

I have been to Mexico a some dove shoots but always wanted to go to Argentina and wear out a shotgun..

Nick.. If you go Argentina, I wanna go.

Dream hunt??

Never killed an elk and hope to one day..

but I love wingshooting... and that would be Argentina!

I have been to Mexico a some dove shoots but always wanted to go to Argentina and wear out a shotgun..

Nick.. If you go Argentina, I wanna go.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom