what's the point?

Long Time Member
So I got bored and took an interest in watching YouTube videos in which guys melt down anything from aluminum to lead. Notwithstanding casting your own bullets, and even then, I don't get the draw. Seems to me like a lot of risk and work for very little gain. I'd have to shoot a whole lot more than I currently do to risk the fumes, burns, and general pain in the butt to save a few bucks. Am I missing something here. I do find it interesting to watch some of the back yard smelters.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

At some point in the future it may be the only way to own bullets.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I sometimes got to watch my Grandpa make his bullets for his old 45-70. I knew it was a sentimental thing for him, his Dad had done it the same way, and Gramps said that they were better bullets than he could buy at the time.

Making my own fishing weights, as close as i got to casting bullets, seemed like a potential enterprise to me for awhile there but i had enough on my plate at the time so never gave it a good go.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nothin Wrong with Learnin How!

When they Outlaw Bullets,Outlaws will make Bullets!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom