whats the odds......

M

manny15

I went out calling vermin again today, I have this cool set up with a decoy that wiggles to draw attention of critter, well I get this yote come trotting in at 40 yards from me, heading straight for the decoy stops broadside.....Click......misfire!

I've had 3 misfires with these PMC's, this time just to make sure it isn't the gun I pick up the shell and put it back in the chamber, click again?

Am I safe to say it isn't the gun?

4b25cc9a3de9183f.jpg

4b25ccb03e422ce9.jpg

actually yes older box of federals....

if it was the gun wouldn't have shot the bullet the second time around ?...

Had a 22-250 do the same thing some time ago. Tried different ammo and it did it off and on. Took the gun in, they replaced the spring and firing pin...hasn't miss fired since. Every gun is different though...

muleyman

>Had a 22-250 do the same
>thing some time ago.
>Tried different ammo and it
>did it off and on.
> Took the gun in,
>they replaced the spring and
>firing pin...hasn't miss fired since.
>Every gun is different though...
>
>
>muleyman

what brand gun was it...this is a cheap Savage

Ha Ha Haaaaaa...yes a savage also! I bought it used at a gun show, put about 4 boxes of shells through it before it started to mis-fire. After the fix, it was fine.

muleyman

figures, its the Gun, i just shot a box of Eagles and 5 misfires, first federals, then PMC, now eagles

Take it to a smith, I'll bet you it is the firing pin that has a mushroomed head, it will hang up just slightly and cause a light strike. Also the dent in the primer will not be the right shape to fire the round. hope this helps...

I don't know if I missed it in the post but what kind of gun is it? I am willing to bet it's a remington. Post again if it's a newer remington and I can tell you what the problem is, if not a remington I have no clue.

>I don't know if I missed
>it in the post but
>what kind of gun is
>it? I am willing
>to bet it's a remington.
>Post again if it's a
>newer remington and I can
>tell you what the problem
>is, if not a remington
>I have no clue.

Savage mdl 200

i was just about to send the rifle back when i decided to buy some remington ammo, would yah know it not one misfire....?????????????????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom