What's the Next Draw?

Zim

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-28-10 AT 12:51PM (MST)[p]Well since I struck out on Co deer & everything in NV, now I'm 0-fer-20 with 13 draws left. So between the states below, what do you think will be the next draw result out? I expect some of my dates are wrong.

Some of these state's dates are set is stone like ME & NH, but others are often out much earlier. Curious how much earlier NM & WY can be expected. I'd like to make plans, even if I don't draw. I think CO pronghorn may be out June 4?

This is the order I expect:

Colorado pronghorn 6/8
New Mexico elk/deer 6/9
Oregon everything 6/20
Maine moose 6/18
New Hampshire moose 6/19
Wyoming deer/pronghorn 6/30
Arizona deer/sheep 7/28

You forgot:

MT Moose / Sheep / Goat
ID elk / deer / Pronghorn
WA - all

I never expect WY to release deer / antelope much before the end of June.

Bill

LAST EDITED ON May-28-10 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-28-10 AT 03:42?PM (MST)

NR Antelope and Deer results were posted ONLINE last year on JUNE 24th, 2009 which was a WEDNESDAY. In 2008 it was done on June 26th a Thursday.

So look around JUNE 23rd or 24th this year for the results being a Wed. or Thurs.

Brian

xvvgp.jpg

To answer your question, I bet CO antelope comes up next, they have been 1-2 weeks early on most, you might even get backdoor results on that next week...

Then NM...they say 6-9 post, might even be a day or two early.

I just changed WY deer and lope choices to the hunt service #1 picks..If I get in trouble with the warden for being gone too long, want it to be worth it:)

CO Antelope is the only thing left.
For me waiting on Arizona deer and sheep, Oregon and Wyoming deer and Antelope.
Good Luck
Rick

Having not drawn anything for so long, I have been kicking around the idea of adding Idaho this year......if I don't draw New Mexico. Idaho dealine is June 6. In the past has New Mexico posted 3 days before their advertised date?

Zim, Idaho is June 5 (I think).

You have to buy a license to apply, so if you don't intend to hunt their unless you draw you might as well give yourself good odds so you don't waste the license fee.

A recommendation from me (for what it's worth) is 52A Muzzleloader. It is a rut hunt the middle of November. Pray for early snow and it can be "fish in a barrel". No snow and you are in for a tough hunt, but odds last year were nearly 60% for NR.

It may be a good backup plan if you look like you will strike out everywhere else. Better than not hunting for sure.

Grizzly

june 5 is correct...and ask the people who drew 52a how good a hunt it was last year. My brother hunted it 3 years ago got a nice buck saw a great buck...offered help to someone who drew last year and they saw a 2 point forky and a few does...Wolves hit that area pretty bad last couple of years

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I had that unit last year and it was terrible. But 2 years ago, it was great. We hunted Nov. 10th in short-sleeve shirts last year; that is not good for that unit. It requires snow.

I would not make that unit my top choice, but like I said in my post, it is better than staying home.

Grizzly

PS. We saw wolves while there. They definitely do have a wolf problem.

yeah, i may have steered you towards my brother 2 years ago cant remember. Even the meat hunt unit i go on and usually see at least a 2 point you had to work to see does, which hasnt been that bad since 1986 when if you saw a deer you were lucky. You definatly need the snow, but wolves dont help...

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

I think you did, and I appreciate it. His info helped a ton. We just couldn't find the deer. I have been back twice and killed coyotes, so I'm trying to do my part.

Grizzly

your just lucky he was in a giving mood he doesnt give out info too much...i did my part on a yote, just not many havnt been able to get out much

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

I guess NM draws are next...from their homepage

The deadline has passed to apply for deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, barbary sheep, ibex and javelina hunts; draw results will be available online June 9 and by phone June 23.

So now I am 0-fer-23 with 10 draws left. Only a 20% chance of anything. CO & NM schedules played out as expected. Think Oregon will post any day now. Balance order:

Oregon everything 6/20
Maine moose 6/17
New Hampshire moose 6/18
Wyoming deer/pronghorn 6/30
Arizona deer/sheep 7/28

Looks like I will spending all my vacation days bowhunting here in Illinois.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom