Whats the best machine

T

thebroker

Who's got what? I am looking at a Rhino, Argo, or another wheeler. I want to put track kits on them for these late winter hunts, and use them of course during the fall as well. Any personnel experience with any of the machines would be appreciated

If you're gonna run Tracks!

You'd best get something with the most HorsePower!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

got a Polaris on our job site with tracks....its not a razor but the next step up. it has the cab on it, but anyway it sucks. with tracks its top speed is 20 on flat ground. and any inclines it really goes slow

Run the Rhino with tracks in snow. Will go anywhere! Been through some scary spots, but it has never had any problems and keeps going. Problem is the same with most machines. Max speed is probably around 25 mph and sucks up the gas. Gotta carry extra fuel. If you hit areas that are bare of snow, it rides extremely rough, but smooth in snow.

Its a Rhino 700.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

Rhino. I don't run tracks, we never have deep snow for very long in AZ. I like the narrow wheel base which allows you to run on ATV trails without spilling over the side. You do need to be careful because the higher center of gravity makes them tip easier than an ATV. My Rhino has allowed me to hunt remote and wilderness areas I could never reach in my truck. One of my best investments in hunting gear.

Thanks what size do you have.(Rhino). What you recommend having owned one

I'm not telling you what to get. I have a Can Am Commander with tracks....my buddy had a rhino. He just bought a Can Am. Horsepower is huge if your going to run tracks. Rhino's are awesome machines, but 40 horsepower on the 700 Rhino vs 85 Horses on the Commander. I really like the Polaris Ranger 900 as well but I went with the Can Am

Are you pleased with the Can am running tracks. That is really what I want is something to run tracks for the late season hunts. Is there a big deference in price between the Ranger 900 and the Commander

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]I run a razor 800 with tracks it does about 35 tops. When we go into our cabin it's nice to pack in gear and the older folks. It doesn't keep up with the snowmobiles but it runs all year long. The sleds sit most of the year if you know what I mean. I have had it in deep snow, when you picked up one foot you would sink to your butt trying to get in the thing.
I would like to see if they run a little faster on one of the razor 900 .

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 04:00PM (MST)[p]The price is similar on the Can Am and Ranger. There is about 15 horses less on the Ranger....only reason I went with the Can Am. I do like the seast in the Can Am better but like the box space in the Ranger better. Both nice machines, and yea I like the Can Am, but either would be a nice machine. Keep us posted on what you do. Like Big John said though...35 to 40 is top speed, but it is an all year machine rather than having to buy two seperate.

I used to own a Rhino and my only complaint was that the unit is way underpowered so I decided to upgrade. I've now got a Can Am Commander as well and I like the machine but there are a few complaints that I was blindsided by because I didn't see it when I was doing my simple research. They are noisy as hell. I have a 2012 and even with the newest rear end they still make a ton of noise and everything says the 2013 are no different. Far worse than the Rhino. The clutch and gears will give you a clunk and high pitched whine that some people can't stand. I do not run tracks so I can't comment on that.

One of my biggest complaints about the Can Am is the after market parts options. This isn't a knock on the machine in anyway, it's just they aren't that popular compared to the Rhino so less people make after market stuff for them. Where you might be able to find a bunch of different soft full enclosures for the Rhino, you will have 1 or 2 only available for the Can Am. My doors on my Can Am are dang nice but at the time there was only 1 soft full enclosure available and it was junk so I had to compromise. So now I have doors but will need to custom fab the top section of the doors to get it fully enclosed. The newest soft cab out looks promising but it doesn't appear to work if you put a hard roof on the machine. The hard full cabs are 3-5k depending on brand and were never even an option for me.

The machine rides great, the seats are comfy, and has plenty of power to get around. Belts are not easily changed. If you blow a belt it could take a while to change it. I don't know if the other machines with dry belts take as long but there's a ton of small plastic clips holding the plastic molding and interior together, and then the location of the bolts covering the clutch casing.

It might sound like I am saying there's a lot of bad things about the machine but really there isn't. No machine is going to be perfect all around. You just have to pick what you can live with or without and go from there. If I were to buy again, I could live with the items that I mentioned, some people probably couldn't.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 07:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 07:13?PM (MST)

Yes the machine is noisy.....I'll concur. Haven't changed a belt so i'm unsure on that. I do like that it will get down the road good....one of the small complaints I had for the rhino was it needed more top end for heading down the road. I bought a soft top from dz sports which is nice but as stated.....doesn't accommodate a hard top. Like stated aftermarket parts are harder to find and seem a little pricey because the commander is relatively new so not to many manufacturers are producing them. Like I said if it wouldn't have been for running tracks and wanting the extra horse power....I would have gone with the new 900 ranger. Its way quieter the engine is behind you and very easily accessible. Bigger box on the back. Has a bench seat which easily holds 3 people....it isn't as comfy as the commanders but it depends on what you want to do. Heck they're all nice

Another thing that you might want to know is the can am is wider than a rhino or razor the ranger is wider than the can am

Here is picture of my razor with the tracks on. You can see the other options on the machine. A picture is worth a 1000 words.
5351rzron55.jpg

Thats awesome looks like it will go anywhere in the snow. How hard is it to remove the tracks back to tires and so forth

No they go on easy. You just bolt them on like a tire. Then mount a plate to the bottom of each swing arm. If you look above the far left track those little sticks sticking up are the tops of 8 to 10 foot aspen trees.

BIGJ, if I'm not out of line asking, what does a set of those tracks for the RZR set you back and can you recommend a vendor. PM me if you'd rather.

Thanks

Tracks for the utvs are right at the 5k mark. They make several brands but if your planning on going on anything but snow...get the 4 season tracks. I like my tatou 4s tracks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom