whats next no venison eating...

manny53

Long Time Member
http://offgridsurvival.com/nevadagovernmentraidsorganicfarm/

In the most recent display of a government that has spiraled out of control, a group of Nevada Organic Farm Supporters were forced to destroy their organic food after coming together for a picnic at the Quail Hollow Farm.

When local supporters of the farm came together for a ?Farm to Fork? picnic their day quickly turned into a possible criminal offense when the Southern Nevada Health District showed up to shut it down. Apparently feeding your friends and family local organic farm raised food is now illegal in Nevada.

The Southern Nevada Health Department officials threatened guests with police action if the organizers didn't destroy all of the food. The farmers were forced to destroy the prepared meats and vegetables and were even forced to pour bleach on the food so they wouldn't even be able to feed it to their pigs. According to guests, it was the only way they would be allowed to continue their party.

According to the Health district any meat that is not USDA certified or provided by a government approved source is now illegal to eat. They also informed the farmers that for some reason their vegetables were now considered a Bio-Hazard and had to be disposed of as well.

I've been buying fresh local fruit and vegetables all summer at our Farmer's Market. I figure if they can grow the best Pot in the world, their fruit and vegetables should be super!:)

Their Beet greens give me the giggles though.:)

Eel

That is disgusting!

WE allow this crap.....kind of flies in the face of thanking our Veterans for freedom....when we let fools destroy it.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

This particular law they are referring to is intersting. It pretty much eliminates any type of food service unless the business/entity, etc has a license, and the food handlers have a license. The food has to be prepared on site, has to come from approved dealers, etc. If I understand it right, this prohibits such things as church potlucks, bake sales, etc. Pretty crappy law, not sure where it came from either.

WHERE the "rules come from" is no longer as important as the simple fact that "government" thinks it has the right (and need) to MAKE so many rules.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Well said gb, +1

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

It stems from the recent slew of food borne illnesses. Spinach from Cali a few years ago and then the recent listeria hysteria from colorado Cantaloupe. The sad part about the listeria thing is it was blaimed on 'Rocky Ford' cantaloupe when the processing farm that had the problem wasn't even within a hundred miles of Rocky Ford. It broke a lot of farmers who weren't involved and there are millions of $ in lawsuits.

Back when I was a young boy, a woman named Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of the bus, and began a movement which changed American society forever. I think the time has come again for some well disciplined civil disobedience.

I believe the people at that picnic should have politely told the health department officials to go and procreate themselves, and tell them if they didn't leave their private property, that they'd call the cops and file a trespassing complaint. And then they should have commenced to eat their meal.

We DO NOT need government to protect us from ourselves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom