Whats it worth?

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
Its a strange topic, but I need some "General Advice". I have a wall tent, that I purchased from a friend several years ago.
No, I don't know the size. However, after looking at several displays at some shows and banquets, I would estimate that its 25-50% larger.

It has a couple of tiny holes (probably less than a 1/16th of an inch from embers). It would be a quick fix that I will probably do in the next few weeks (when the weather improves).

It has the pipe, the stove, and the original steel poles. The previous owner also made some heavier, wood poles as well.

The overall condition on a scale from 1-10 would be a solid 9 IMO. Its always been dried out after use.

I hardly use it so I am looking for some opinions. What would you think it might be worth?? Thanks!

Gotta have a size to know what it's worth... They go from 8x10' - 16x20'...New from $350-$1500 +

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Gotta have a size to know
>what it's worth... They go
>from 8x10' - 16x20'...New from
>$350-$1500 +
>
>
>
>
horsepoop.gif

>
>Disclaimer:
>The poster does not take any
>responsibility for any hurt or
>bad feelings. Reading threads poses
>inherent risks. The poster would
>like to remind readers to
>make sure they have a
>functional sense of humor before
>they visit any discussion board.
>

+1. Also the maker can add or detract value.

Yeah, I knew that I didn't give good information.

It's closer to 16x20.

I believe he had it made by Kirkhams in Utah.

It's a heavier canvas than most of the others that I have compared. If it ever quits snowing, I will set it up and post measurements and pics.
Thanks

If you figure out what you want for it , let me know . I'm in the market for one . I have been looking for some thing a little smaller like the Davis tents that where on display at the shows .

I sold my wall tent and frame today for $1000.00
It was a 12x14 and was in like new condition

FWIW
I bought a barely used 14x16 FO Berg wall tent in 2005 from a guy that wanted a smaller tent.
It did not have the stove pipe jack / hole. It did have a complete metal tubing frame. I got it for $600.00. I would have been willing to pay more but that is what he said he wanted when I asked him "how much?". IMO I got a really good deal.

OK, being as I am am not the most brilliant person in the world, I decided to look at the tent bag. And, to my surprise it had the size lol.... Its a 14X16 tent.

I am going to wait until this snow thaws and post pic's and probably sell it. As much as I hate too, I never use it.

Thanks again for all the comments!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom