What's he score

Stubaby

Very Active Member
My friend has a UT tag and we found this bull last night. We know he is a shooter, but what's he score?

4766moose.jpg

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Yep, he's got forking brow palms, a good spread, what appears to be 7-8 points per side, and decent palms. I wouldn't be surprised if he grossed close to 160".

I'd really be guessing since I know just about zero about scoring a moose.
You already know this but he's a huge Shiras.... even for UT.

Good luck to you guys. Maybe you'll get him and be able to tell us the score.

Zeke

Tell me where he is and I'll tell you what he scores. Haha. Jk. I have a tag too but have yet to see anything this big. Good luck to ya.

C5

If his right side matches his left, he'll gross 156+/-.
That angle makes it difficult, I'm giving him 10" X 28" palms on the left side. Shiras often have a week side, and that right side could take him down to 140ish. That said, I wouldn't wait for him to show me a better angle!!!! BANG!!! HAHA!!
Also, I'm sayin 48" spread...... Mid 160's wouldnt surprise me on this bull, he's still finishing out.

That is such a killer bull! unfortunately I don't think he scores really well.

As you know, the sad thing in the B&C scoring you don't get credit for tine length. you get one point for each antler point. I'm counting 7 on the left and 5 on the right. Normally a bull like that you'd hope would have 20 total points. So right there a going to lop 7-10+ points of score off.

I'm coming up with a score of 146 based on the following
13 points
12" wide palms
26" long palms
44" width
8" of circum.

Those long points in some cases can hurt the width and length scores of the palm.

Again, awesome bull! One that really shows the limitations of the moose scoring system for B&C in my opinion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom