What you real name means.............

kilowatt

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-07 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p] http://www.behindthename.com/

BRIAN

Usage: Irish, English

Pronounced: BRIE-an [key]

The meaning of this name is not known for certain but it is possibly related to the Old Celtic element bre meaning "hill", or by extension "high, noble". Brian Boru was an Irish king who thwarted Viking attempts to conquer Ireland in the 11th century. He was victorious in the Battle of Clontarf, but he himself was slain.

JASON

Usage: English, Greek Mythology (Latinized), Biblical

Pronounced: JAY-sun (English) [key]

From the Greek name ????? (Iason), which was derived from Greek ?????? (iasthai) "to heal". Jason was the leader of the Argonauts in Greek legend. He went in search of the Golden Fleece in order to win back his kingdom from his uncle Pelias. During his journeys he married the sorceress Medea, who helped him gain the fleece and kill his uncle, but who later turned against him when he fell in love with another woman. This name also appears in Acts in the New Testament.

Haha lovin mine.

ERIK

Origin: Scandanavian

Meaning: Ever powerful. ruler of the people, strong and in control.

Timberline

SEE! I really AM the fairest one of all!

It is of Welsh origin, and its meaning is "fair one".

Here's another meaning from the link Brian posted:

"Old French form of the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar, which is composed of the elements gwen meaning "fair, white" and hwyfar meaning "smooth". In Arthurian legend Guinevere is the beautiful wife of King Arthur. Her betrayal of her husband with Mordred prompted the battle of Camlann, which led to the deaths of both Mordred and Arthur. Later versions of the legends tell of her adulterous affair with Sir Lancelot."

LOL That last part about the adulterous affair and betrayal is NOT me. And what's also kinda funny to me is, my husband's name means "From the dark farm" denoting dark skin. Well...I've got the dark skin around here and he's got the fair skin.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-07 AT 01:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-07 AT 01:43?PM (MST)

ROY

Usage: Scottish, English

Pronounced: ROI [key]

Derived from Gaelic ruadh meaning "red". A notable bearer was Rob Roy, a Scottish outlaw of the 18th century.

and the REAL name...

GARRETT

Usage: English

Pronounced: GER-et [key]

From a surname derived from the name GERALD or GERARD. A famous bearer of the surname was Pat Garrett, the sheriff who shot Billy the Kid in the back from ambush, posing to be his friend.

So to see where Garrett comes from...

GERALD

Pronounced: JER-awld [key]

From a Germanic name meaning "rule of the spear", from the element ger "spear" combined with wald "rule". This name was brought to Britain by the Normans.

So that means to watch out or I will lure you in close, posing as your friend and then run you through the back with a spear like a read headed outlaw from Scottland.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

DOUGLAS

Usage: Scottish, English

Pronounced: DUG-lus [key]

Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Dubhghlas, which meant "dark river" or "blood river" from Gaelic dubh "dark" and glais "water, river". Douglas was originally a river name, the site of a particularly bloody battle, which then became a Scottish surname. The surname belonged to a powerful line of Scottish earls.

Hmmmm, guess i need one of them cute scottish kilts!! ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

>Hmmmm, guess i need one of
>them cute scottish kilts!! ;-)

Whatcha gonna wear under it? No manties under them kilts, Douggie-poo. LOL

Jenn
"Behind every great man is a great woman...and behind every great woman is some guy staring at her butt!"

NATHAN

Usage: English, Biblical

Other Scripts: ????? (Hebrew)

Pronounced: NAY-than [key]

Means "giver" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament this is the name of a prophet and also a son of King David. This name can also function as a short form of JONATHAN or NATHANAEL.

CODY

Usage: English, Irish

Pronounced: KO-dee [key]

From the Gaelic surname Mac ?da, which means "son of OTTO". A famous bearer of the surname was the American frontiersman and showman Buffalo Bill Cody.

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

BOBCATBESS

Usage: Altamontian, ancient basinite

Pronounced: fill mouth with tobacco and with a basin drawl "Bahb-Katt"

Although the original meaning has been lost in the centuries since his birth, some maintain that it is an old german phrase that means "A whale's vagina"

your welcome bob

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

They called me a Bigot last night
David

DAVID

Usage: English, Jewish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Slovene, German, Scandinavian, Biblical

Other Scripts: דָוִד (Hebrew), Давид (Russian)

Pronounced: DAY-vid (English), dah-VEED (Hebrew), da-VEED (French), dah-VEET (Russian), DAH-fit (German) [key]

Possibly derived from Hebrew דוד (dvd) meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. Jesus was supposedly descended from him.
Famous bearers of this name include the 5th-century patron saint of Wales, two kings of Scotland, empiricist philosopher David Hume, and explorer David Livingstone. This is also the name of the hero of Charles Dickens' semiautobiographical novel 'David Copperfield'.

Contribute Information
Add to Your List

>>Andyman

>>Pronounced: fill mouth with tobacco and with a basin drawl "Bahb-Katt"

French "Boob-Kitt"

---------------------------------------------

JAMES

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: JAYMZ [key]

English form of the Late Latin Jacomus which was derived from Ιακωβος (Iakobos), the New Testament Greek form of יַעֲקֹב (Ya'aqov) (see JACOB). This is the name of two apostles in the New Testament. The first was Saint James the Greater, the apostle John's brother, who was beheaded by Herod Agrippa in the Book of Acts. The second was James the Lesser, son of Alphaeus. Another James (known as James the Just) is also mentioned in the Bible as being the brother of Jesus.
Kings of England and Scotland have borne this name. Other famous bearers include the inventor of the steam engine James Watt, the explorer Captain James Cook, and the novelist and poet James Joyce.

That's me...JAYMZ...sounds like a rapper...

DANIEL

Usage: English, Jewish, French, German, Scandinavian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Biblical

Pronounced: DAN-yul (English), dah-nee-EL (Hebrew), dan-YEL (French), DAH-nee-el (German), DAHN-yel (Polish) [key]

From the Hebrew name ????????? (Daniyyel) meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world.
Famous bearers of this name include English author Daniel Defoe, Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli, and American frontiersman Daniel Boone.

I had to do this one for Ransom cuz I knew he wouldnt do it.
RANSOM Gender: Feminine

Usage: Polish, Czech, Romanian, German

Pronounced: DAH-nah (Polish, German) [key]

Pronounced: DAY-na [key]

Usage: Bulgarian

Other Scripts: ???? (Bulgarian)

Well I want it known that in Danish it means man from Denmark.
I prefer Ransom though as my mom named me for a drunken movie actor.
Monster I hope you freeze your nards off.

Ransom

OMIGOD Andyman-----that was goood...haven't had a good laugh on here for months.....No offense Bess.

>BOBCATBESS
>gender: 1975-1978, female, currently male
>
>Usage: Altamontian, ancient basinite
>
>Pronounced: fill mouth with tobacco and
>with a basin drawl "Bahb-Katt"
>
>
>Although the original meaning has been
>lost in the centuries since
>his birth, some maintain that
>it is an old german
>phrase that means "A whale's
>vagina"
>
>
>your welcome bob
>
>Andy
>
>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------
>http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

Damn! Thats FUNNY!

Drum

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

MICHAEL

Usage: English, German, Czech, Biblical

Pronounced: MIE-kul (English), MI-khah-el (German) [key]

From the Hebrew name ???????? (Mikha'el) which meant "who is like God?". This is the name of one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers.
This was the name of nine Byzantine emperors and a czar of Russia. Other more modern bearers of this name include the 19th-century chemist/physicist Michael Faraday and basketball player Michael Jordan.

JASON

From the Greek name Ιασων (Iason), which was derived from Greek ιασθαι (iasthai) "to heal". Jason was the leader of the Argonauts in Greek legend. He went in search of the Golden Fleece in order to win back his kingdom from his uncle Pelias. During his journeys he married the sorceress Medea, who helped him gain the fleece and kill his uncle, but who later turned against him when he fell in love with another woman. This name also appears in Acts in the New Testament.

>>>>JASON

From the Greek name ????? (Iason), which was derived from Greek ?????? (iasthai) "to heal". Jason was the leader of the Argonauts in Greek legend. He went in search of the Golden Fleece in order to win back his kingdom from his uncle Pelias. During his journeys he married the sorceress Medea, who helped him gain the fleece and kill his uncle, but who later turned against him when he fell in love with another woman. This name also appears in Acts in the New Testament.

:)

Russell

Usage: Slobovian, Loantanotian, Greek, Norwegian, Mongolian

Pronounced: Rustolium or Restlemanium or Rustynail or
Hey$hitehead

The meaning of this name is derived from a cross between Russologgus, the dread Warrior of the Galic Coast, who, it is said, could never quite find a large enough cod-piece, so was eventualy defeated by a Giant Scissor Bird, he bled to death after one large snip of the beak, and El Gonadiator, who was know for savaging the entire eastern Atlantic Coast, from Denmark to Cape Town, with his vicious, skulky army of hairy Amazon women using beaver-skinned boats made from a particular willow tree.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom