what would you recomend

M

my280

My father passed away in a tragic electrical accident almost 10 years ago. My brothers and I vowed we'd take an outdoor adventure together every year just to enjoy each others company. Well it's been 4 years since we did anything. Anyway, my question is, do you have a place you can recomend to antelope hunt for a trespass type fee for next year, 2011? We might want to hunt deer at the same time. We don't care much which state as we have to travel a bit anyway. Trophy quality doesn't mean all that much either just something respectable where we wont see many or any other hunters. we would like to use the rifles but we archery hunt as well. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a lot of info, but I know there are many places in Wyoming that offer what you are looking for. You might try the Wyoming forum page.

I would definitely recommend antelope hunting in Wyoming. You can either put in for the draw, entries due by March 15, or wait and pick up leftover tags in July.

If you want to hunt by yourself, go the last week of the season for the unit you hunt. We did that in Unit 30 two years ago, saw two other hunters the whole week.

You can pick up leftover doe tags for around $ 40.00 bucks each. A lot of landowners will let you hunt for free if you agree to harvest two does plus your buck. In leftover tag units, trespass fees are generally small, but some units also have hunter management areas and walk-in areas you can hunt.

The first step is to pick dates you want to hunt. Post those, and I can give you some ideas on units that would fit that.

If it is your first trip to Wyoming, I would do antelope only.

Scoutdog

This will be our first trip west. I'm going elk hunting this fall though. We're open to any dates right now, whatever fits a landowner. Hunting the last week sounds like it fits what we're looking for so we'll go with that. Just looking for general info to start my research, states, units, time, etc... We consider our selves meat hunters so bringing back a doe or two would be a bonus for us. Please pm me if you're willing to share more details. We're not interested in flying in on someone's honey hole just what to expect. Although if you recomend a ranch, that would be great. Thanks

Buy points before Sept. 30th for $30 each. With a point, you can draw many good units with a lot of public land (especially with the special tag fee) and not have to worry about a tresspass fee or being limited to a specific property.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom