What would he score

using guy eastmans 4x7 rule he looks like he would make the low 80's.

base of 7"
below prongs 7"
prongs 7"
right above prongs 4"
last circumference 3"
and assumming he goes 15"
that gets you to 85"

400 bull,

Very nice pronghorn indeed. 7" bases and 1st. qt., 41/2" 2nd. qt., 21/2" 3rd. qt., 15" long, prongs look to be at best 6". Do the math but he is definetely a B&C buck. Looks like he has no broken tips or prongs as well. Very good looking mount.

CABUCK

Pronghorn are tough for most people to judge and not many of us get much practice. that is a low 80's goat if I were to guess . lots of mass, remember the MPH deal. M= mass P= prong and H= hook and that's a good way to think. as a B&C OM I've scored goats that I didn't think would make it that did and ones I thought would make it that didn't. if you see one like that go for it, good luck.

The number 1 rule other than prongs, mass, and hook is to get several views of the buck. It is nearly impossible to field judge the buck mentioned above with just a frontal view. I noticed BB (from bowsite) took the photo and he may have more pics of the same buck from different angles?

If I am looking at the same buck and photo I would venture the buck won't make B&C. I guess I don't see the 7" mass and prongs mentioned above? He only looks to have average mass above the prongs and doesn't have that long of horns. It is really hard to tell from the photo but it looks like he has mediocre prongs. I would need another photo with a side view to give an accurate measure of score.

If you are hunting a top unit in AZ or NM I would keep looking. If you are hunting Colo you better get after him because we don't have many good bucks!

jims is right, very hard to judge this buck with only one angle. That being said, I'd guess this buck is very close to 82", + or -. I wouldn't pass him in Colorado or Wyoming.

YOU BOYS ARE OVER ESTIMATING THE BUCK!!!

NOT A BAD BUCK!!!

BUT NOT AN 80" BUCK!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PISSCUTTER:SUB TROPHY QUALITY OF THE SPECIES,IF YOU USE THE WORD PISSCUTTER YOU'D BETTER KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR EVERY M.M. MEMBER & EVERY PERSON ON THE WWW WILL BE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF AT YOU,ALL YOU DOE-SHOOTERS CAN KISS MY TAIL ALSO,YOU MUST BE A GREAT WHITE HUNTER WHEN YOU BRAGG YOU SHOOT DOES,HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL WHEN YOU KILL 2 OR 3 DEER WITH ONE SHOT,FRICKEN FAWN KILLERS,THAT AIN'T A HUNT THATS A SHOOT!!!

The tag my wife has is for the Fishlake Plateu unit in Utah. The DWR has realy been hammering the lopes in this area the past couple of years. They have more the tripled then number of tags this year then what they were giving out 3 or 4 years ago. I think that it will b tuff to find a buck that will go in the books on this unit. Thats OK with my wife, all that she wants is the experance and one to go on the wall to shut my brothers mouth up. He's been hounder her about shoting a lope ever since she started hunting four years ago. Come opening morning of her hunt I think that I'll just have to let here take a buck like this if we can find him again.

400bull

Hard to tell by the one view. Good mass. ? prong length. I would guess 83-85 b&c.

With only one view to go by, I'd say this goat is in the 81-83" class range... a nice goat!

I think everyone is overrating this buck too. He looks to be 13- maybe 14 if you're lucky. He will do great to make 76 inches, but thats just me.

I think everyone is overratine this buck too. I would be suprised if he hits 75.... Maybe there is another angle like the pic says It doesnt do it justice. From that angle nothing spectacular to me. Not saying i wouldnt take him if i had a chance...been a while since i had the opportunity to hunt my fav animal. Good luck to all you out there scott

I'm certainly not an expert but he looks just like one I shot in 04 I thought he was great but when all was said and done he scored a little over 74. I could be wrong but I don't think he'll break 80. Is he a first morning shooter depending on what is a trophy to you and where your hunting. He sure is pretty though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom