What will he score?

S

slider

Digiscoped this guy today!!! In the Swakane Unit North Central WA. What do you think he scores?
45c282ff7f992e8a.jpg

Base measurements are everything, when it comes to sheep. From that angle it is hard to tell. He looks to have good base measurements, but his left side is short. I don't know the sheep in that area either. I'd say 160-170, but you really need to see him from all sides to make a good guess.

He looks like a tipical cali ram, short!
I would say 150-151 if he was in one of the Yakima units but knowing Swakane, i would have to give him better bases. That might push him 159-160sh.

I've got a 152" Cali sitting on the shelf beside me and he looks to be a "good chunk" bigger.
I agree it would be nice to see a different angle but I'd guess he's at least a low 160's to mid 160's ram.

Nice pic!!

SSS

Nice ram pic slider. Find any of those Swakane sheds or have they all been picked up already?

Bone I havn't been out I've been laid up for 3 weeks from neck surgery!!! I'm guessing the Ram about 165?

He is not as big as you think he is. This is what I think of him absolute max. I give him 15 1/4 at the bases Max probabally more like 14.5. His tips take him out if he was broomed back some he would be a great ram so his measurements are gonna be small probabally a 33" horn length. But I am going max so that puts him at 96 before the others we will be generous add 26 at most for first 1/4's Realize the first 1/4 measurement is gonna be 8" down his horn so he is most likely gonna be in the 20-22 range and then we will be even more generous and give him 20 for his 2nds but he is more likely to be about 17 so what does that take up too 142 with 16 more he is max end 158 class cali ram. I have seen 160 class rams and he is an 8 year old ram he needs 2 more years and to broom off those lamb tips and he will be a stud. I see great rams all the time between the John Day herd and the Deschutes to the High Desert herds of Hart the Steens and Warners. He is a super nice ram, but he is not a 160 class ram if I had to put a firm number on him I would say 152 and change. Great Pictures slider

High Desert I have spent alot of time in the Deshutes Canyon!!! Salmon fishing,Steelheading and of course watching the Deer and the Sheep!!! Awesome!!! I use to be the Superviser there for the RailRoad. My huntin buddy is the Inspector there and runs it everyday. He films the Sheep Rut!!!Good Luck

Maybe it's just the lighting but that middle pic looks like a different ram. He looks younger? Broomed differently? Hard to tell for sure.

SSS

>Nope same Ram. Look at his
>small chips right at his
>age lines!!!

If that's the case take about 10-13" off my guess.

SSS

Slider I know who you are you were a Roadmaster for a while. I used to be work for the BN as well along with my father the old saying when they cannot get the father they go after the son. So they did it was all good. Hope you are doing well.

Dave

yeah, he looks smaller from these angles. I'll take atleast 10 off my score. Nice looking ram, but probably a low to mid 150 ram.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom