What was your trophy shipping cost?

hunting1

Curious and understand it depends on how many animals and weight but what did it cost you to get your trophies home? Any advice? I hope they can ship mine and my son's together to help a little.

Thanks,

Curious and understand it depends on how many animals and weight but what did it cost you to get your trophies home? Any advice? I hope they can ship mine and my son's together to help a little.

Thanks,
If your son is under 18 it is normally ok. Easy if you just have all animals put under your name from the start.

Shipping is down from last year finally but not as cheap as before covid. Then dip/pack shipping is way different then mounted animals being shipped

The one thing I can tell you is dont just use who the ph tells you to use or who the taxidermist tells you. Get a few quotes from shipper and tell taxidermist that now nothing gets shipped till you tell them and pick a place.

Serious question. Would it be cheaper/easier just to shop hides, horns, antlers etc to your taxidermist in the states? Then you get the quality work done the way you like it.
I have had all my mounts done in africa. It depends on what mounts you want done if it will be cheaper in the end. You get some bigger animals mounted or full mounts it can be cheaper to do over there and there is plenty of good taxidermist in africa. It will normally take 7 or 8 animals to save anything once extra shipping is added.

But you save dip/pack fees and you will have shipping of dip/pack crate. So once you add the dip/pack you saved towards shipping and you start saving on mounts. It can be a big saving overall. The amount of animals they get in one crate is crazy. Before covid you could save thousands having work done over there.

Serious question. Would it be cheaper/easier just to shop hides, horns, antlers etc to your taxidermist in the states? Then you get the quality work done the way you like it.
In regards to this question, would the African taxidermists be better at mounting animals than those in the states? I would imagine Animal Artistry in Reno would be good as they do lots of them but I’m wondering about the smaller shops throughout the country. Just like quite a few taxidermists in the states can’t do cats worth a darn because they just don’t do enough of them…

Horniac

Bottom Line have everything put into 1 persons name. Even if you have to “Donate” your stuff to a friend. I’ve seen people argue it but in the end if you give it away to get it home it’s worth it.Everything can go in 1 box so they make more money to ship it separately.Did and pack, plus shipping cost are a huge extra cost and kinda a scam in some ways.

In regards to this question, would the African taxidermists be better at mounting animals than those in the states? I would imagine Animal Artistry in Reno would be good as they do lots of them but I’m wondering about the smaller shops throughout the country. Just like quite a few taxidermists in the states can’t do cats worth a darn because they just don’t do enough of them…

Horniac
there are plenty of big and small shops that do great work both here in the states and in africa. I would give a small edge to finish work to the guys here in the states. As in if you going to look at your mount for 3ft you may see the difference in quality.

Biggest things I have seen is some times you see the back stiching is not perfect compared to the best over here. Some of that is the animals have less hair and they dont do the finish work on that as well.

The taxidermy all comes done to a person likes and if he is willing to pay top dollar or be ok with still very good mount for a lesser amount.

The ones thing no matter if you doing mounts or dip/pack do any rug tanning over in SA you will save a ton and still get a great rug. You will save at least 1000 or more on say a zebra rug

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom