What was the....

Longun

Long Time Member
Fastest car you were ever in?

Me... the fastest and SMOOTHEST was a 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix...it would do 120 mph no problem and felt like riding on an Aircraft Carrier.
Rode in both a 70 Vette and 75 Pontiac Trans Am and at 110 they felt like they were gonna lift off and go to the Moon...

75 Porche, 69 Road Runner, 68 Super Bee, 73 Trans am...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

'65 Corvette, 435 hp aluminum engine. Had to get rid of it as it had SERIOUS rear tire wear problems!

Had a '68 Roadrunner and a '71 El Camino with similar defects.....go figure?

A friend had a 1970 Daytona Charger, with spoiler and cowling and we crossed Nevada,one night, heading for Nampa, doing 160 in many sections.
In those days, Nevada State Troopers had Mercury Montclaires' that could catch most anything rolling.

I had my Sub up to 62 last week.....for a couple of seconds!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

This one.

84032332dsc09303_~3.jpeg

It tops out at 140 mph but it does it in the dirt.

This one is the quickest.
1064roadrunner_1119.jpg

This little sand rocket weighs 900 lbs. It has a turbo charged Kawasaki 1200 engine that was dyno'd at 302 Horse power. Top speed is just over 120 but it gets there in a hurry.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-11 AT 08:01AM (MST)[p]Early 90s Acura Legend, got nailed doin 110 on a stretch between Phoenix and Globe. I still had plenty of throttle I wasnt even using.

Also had a 69 Roadrunner 383 magnum at 120 plus. But my favorite car was my neighbors 69 Cuda. He took me for a spin at 140 plus. Sure wish I had either of those cars today!

Kingfish, Nickman?either of you have any problem with body sag on those roadrunners?? Had to have mine straightened then cut railroad rails lengthways in half and welded 5 foot section to the uni-body to keep it from happening again. Something about too much torque too often with the traction bars for the uni-body to keep from sagging, ha ha ha LMAO!

GBA

>Also had a 69 Roadrunner 383
>magnum at 120 plus. But
>my favorite car was my
>neighbors 69 Cuda. He took
>me for a spin at
>140 plus. Sure wish I
>had either of those cars
>today!
>
> Kingfish, Nickman?either of you have
>any problem with body sag
>on those roadrunners?? Had to
>have mine straightened then cut
>railroad rails lengthways in half
>and welded 5 foot section
>to the uni-body to keep
>it from happening again. Something
>about too much torque too
>often with the traction bars
>for the uni-body to keep
>from sagging, ha ha ha
>LMAO!
>
>
>GBA
When I got mine, the guy had alredy installed 2" square tubing...thick wall, with cross braces. I have seen them so bad that the doors wouldn't open.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

My doors started sagging and rubbing the corner panels and I would shim the bottom hinge out so the door would shut. That worked out fine for a while but it got to the point I had to crawl in and out the window. I took it to a body shop and had it straightened, I can't remember what it cost me but it broke me so I red wrenched and welded in the railroad rail my dad had laying around, he made anvils anvil?s out of it. A little heavy, a lot of over kill but I never had to have the body straightened again. Had that car until 1984.

GBA

This one

294car_pictures_002.jpg

Its my son's 2001 Mustang.
Aluminum block 4.6 with Manley pistons and rods, Kenne Bell supercharger with 12lbs of boost, 150 hp shot of Nitrous has 700 hp at the crank, does the quarter mile in 10.9 seconds at 126 mph.
I owned a 69 Firebird 400, had buddies with 396 Camaros and 440 Chargers, believe me none of them can hold a candle to my kids Mustang.

My first car in High School was a 1973 Dodge Charger SE Broughm with a 440 in it. I thought it was pretty fast, until a guy in California challenged me to a street race in his VW Bug. No problem, right? Well I sat and spun the tires while he calmly drove away. I didn't dare take that charger much over 100 mph because it would start that death rattle thing.

My oldest son drove me through the Virgin River Gorge in his newer Trans-Am (I don't know the year) and the few times I looked at the speedo, it showed between 100 and 120. Scared the hell out of me.

1965 GTO Tri-power. I don't know what the top end was, never tried. I was always afraid of pushing the cheap tires, so I always backed off at about 90. 0-90 was the fun part!(in town most of the time).

TAG, I can't even imagine racing one of those. I would laugh too hard from all the fun to be very serious! What a rush that must be!

Eel

The quickest car I've been in was a 1965 Dodge Coronet. A friend that owned an engine building machine shop built it. No interior, holes drilled everywhere and tires where the back seat used to be. An early Hemi with exstensive modifications and nitrous oxide. The G's flattened your face out. The fastest was, oddly, a 1980 Chevy shortbed 2 wheel drive pickup. Scrape the pavement low, 383 small block with all the best stuff. We kept up in the middle of a pack of Panteras out of Vegas that were on a fun run. They thought it was cool. mtmuley

I am of the age for all the old muscle cars and was IN almost all of them with one friend or another. MY fastest car was a Jetta GLI.

The fastest and smoothest I ever DROVE was a Ferrari Testarosa. I got to "play" with it for about 2 hours. I don't know how fast it went (I quite at 140) but it cornered and drove just like one would hope!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

When I was in 6th grade in 1973 my neighbor had a 67' Jaguar E-type in british racing green. He took me for a ride and we did some where over 140! When we came back to his garage he shut it off and the paint started to blister on the hood. He was royally pissed.

At one point he had all three of the classic Thunderbirds from the late 50's. Was pretty cool having a neighbor that was 15 years younger than my dad. He got a kick out of showing my brothers and I how the world was supposed to work, when it came to cars anyway. He ended up with two daughters and never did have a son that we knew of :)

Anyway brings back good memories! Thanks for the topic Longun :)

Cheers,
Pete

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-11 AT 11:57PM (MST)[p]I have been well over 100 in many vehicles but the scariest was hitting just over 90 in my 47' Willy's.. Kinda squirly and I don't pan on doing that again..lol

P8083519.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-11 AT 08:12AM (MST)[p]SNORT? 90 in a '47 willy's....... That tops anything else anyone can post. You are .......nutz, and lucky. I did 140 in a Super Bee on a 2-lane, but that is like a stroll in the park compared to you.
The scariest was going 100 on a Kawasaki street bike, I hit 95 in third gear in my '65 Impala (ON A DIRT ROAD) I'm lucky to be as old as I am.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom