What was the best tag you ever drew?

Without a doubt the early rut bull turtle tag on the Galapagos.
Yeah it was a low fence hunt but very challenging. One shot from the .416 stopped the charge in its tracks.

I have drawn some very good tags over the years.
Mule deer in area 45 Idaho.
Wyoming Sheep tag
Nevada Bull elk area 24
Calif. Tule elk Bishop
Two shiras moose Wyoming.
All great tags can't really pick a favorite but would like another 45 tag if I was younger.

The 2nd best tag I ever drew was the Arizona Strip 13B.

The number one best tag I'm not at liberty to say.

2311idiot.jpg

My step-brother had submitted my name and paid the entry fee in 1990 and never told me about it.
I drew the last tag, which was permit # 0010 for MOOSE east of Soldotna and Homer Alaska in the refuge.....still have the tag for the hunt as a "remember when".

With work and no vacation left and needing more money to cover all the trip etc. Had to return part of permit so they could go to next applicant. Two years later my step-nephew drew the tag and was able to get a 60" Bull but he was a resident then and would have help from his dad and friends.

I have his hunt on VHS recording tape still but no way to view it anymore...LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo,I apply for some of those units near the refuge, still have not drawn but I have seen a few of the bulls from there and they are big.

Any sheep tag is the bomb but my favorite was a Utah desert sheep tag! There's nothing quite like hunting the coolest animal in the world in your home State.
Zeke

Best...Nevada Desert Sheep tag, 2007. My slam ram.

2nd best was a Nv mule deer tag(1997) in a great unit that resulted in a B&C typical.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

wasatch moose tag with 1 pt. literally jumping up and down when i found out. got a credit card charge for 408 and it was either my stepdad drawing henry bison or me drawing moose, it was a long week until we found out.Id have been happy with either tag drawn but secretly was hoping it was me. Either way we were gonna be hutning something fun!

>I have his hunt on VHS
>recording tape still but no
>way to view it anymore...LOL

Just go to a Goodwill or Savers Store and get a player for $1.99

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

>General southern muzzel load 1996... Last
>hunt with Dad before his
>passing

Hard to top that one Stonefly. Precious memories of loved ones gone.

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Area 5 sheep here at home in Wyoming. I also really liked the 4th season deer license I had in CO in 2005 and a late muzz deer license I had in Nevada in 2000.

Bookcliffs LE Deer
Panguitch Lake LE Elk ML
CWMU OIL Moose
Bonanza LE Pronghorn
Hey, I even had a depredation doe tag 25 yrs ago.
My favorite tag is the one in my pocket!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom