What to do with a 600'

feddoc

Long Time Member
spool of 1" nylon rope??

Beats me. I thought about making a tow rope..dunno the tensile strength or safe working load.

So, what else can I make from it?

Nice rope for those deep canyons, Hitch that rope to a deer and then the winch and drag like hell. Down here we call that a Paseo Robles deer drag.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

true gator....but 600' of 1" rope don't fit is the back of the jeep very conveniently...

>true gator....but 600' of 1" rope
>don't fit is the back
>of the jeep very conveniently...
>

'in' the back!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Set a crab pot in 550' of water.

You have to have some slack for ocean swell and tide fluctuation.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Climb Mt. Everest. You'll need a few other things, but 600' of rope is a start.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-15 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]Back in the early 80's I picked up a spool of 3/8" black nylon rope with the yellow tracer strand in the middle...so I know it came or fell off a PG&E truck leaving the Geysers. So I picked it up and brought it home. Well every year I took it with me hunting and since that time have used it a number of times to retrive a buck down in the gully or off into a revene to drag game out. And over those years, lots of times the piece was cut-off and either left or someone took it with them.
The wood bases that held the spool together had a code number and 2,500 feet of said rope.

Fair guess now I have about 1,200-1,500 feet left but I sure as hell am not going to unwing the spool to measure and see. With the gutless method everyone uses now....who needs rope other than to lash down loads for traveling.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

You could use the rope to make a cheap but functional fenced in area.

Set the posts, drill them w/ 1 1/4" bit, run your heavy rope thru the holes all the way around and pull tight with pickup before tieing off the ends.

600' should get you a 5 strand 25' x 30' fenced area for the cost of the posts.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom