What rings do I need?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
Tikka 300 win mag rifle, 42mm scope (30 mm tube), medium Leupold rings? Getting ready to pace online order and want to be sure not to get to short or to high.

Leoupold rings are great, but i would check out some DNZ medium height rings for a tikka rifle. The first time i got a lapping kit I lapped an older set of 2 piece leoupld rings and was blown away about how little contact they had with the scope, 20% maybe. The rifles fault not the rings i would say, but if you buy one piece rings the lapping has been done by the lathe. Just my 2 cents. Oh yeah the dnz rings are aluminum and very light but slightly bulky compared to steel. Ill never go back though.

http://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-tikka/

depending how much clearance you want from your objective bell and barrel you are going to want to take measurements. The only leupold rings I like are duel dovetail. I hate the single-dovetail with the rear adjustable screws.

My favorite rings are Burris Signature with the inserts. They don't mar the scope tube and you can use offset inserts to act like an MOA base if you need more adjustment.

Leupold's site has a feature that will specify the rings you need. I have several sets of the standard adjustable base mounts. On hard kickers too. No complaints. Just me but I don't want a scope ring with any kind of "insert". mtmuley

I agree with nvbones. I put the medium DNZ on mine with the same sized scope you mentioned and they have been great. I have a T3 Lite in 7mm. I don't really like Leopold rings and bases anymore.

13163img6329.jpg

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

>Leupold's site has a feature that
>will specify the rings you
>need. I have several sets
>of the standard adjustable base
>mounts. On hard kickers too.
>No complaints. Just me but
>I don't want a scope
>ring with any kind of
>"insert". mtmuley

Try them first. I didn't like the idea at all until I tried them. They hold the scope better and don't leave mars or lines. Also no need to lap the rings. Try them and then get back to me.

Thanks Cabelas has them but only in low, not sure if it will fit but looking. Need medium just checked. Thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom