What Riles YOU

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Listed under "General Hunting" is a Post everyone should react to: "ID, OR, WA state systems hacked"

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/23648.html

The below is my reply and "Not" for fast "Skim-over" Readers.
The original post + links should be read then this below, which is from me.

IDAHO says (Excerpt):

?This is a serious matter and we encourage all license holders who may potentially be affected to take proactive steps to protect themselves,? Fish and Game Deputy Director Ed Schriever said.

AND: What if I detect something suspicious with my accounts?
Call your local police department or sheriff?s office and file a report of identity theft. Get a copy of the police report. You may need to give copies of the report to creditors.

Whether any important personal information was obtained in the data breach, it's a good reminder to be vigilant against identity theft. Here?s how:

The Federal Trade Commission has a website to help you learn more about identify theft and prevention at www.consumer.gov/idtheft.

Review your bank, credit card and debit card account statements and immediately report any suspicious activity to your bank, credit union or credit card company.
Monitor your credit reports with major credit reporting agencies such as:

Equifax, www.equifax.com, (800) 685-1111.
Experian, www.experian.com, (888) 397-3742.
Transunion, www.transunion.com, (800) 916-8800.

Effective August 25, 2016 ODFW?s Online Internet Licensing Sales system will be down until further notice.

OREGON SYSTEM HACKED (Excerpt):

Rick Hargrave, spokesman for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, said ..... He just tried to make the best of a BAD situation by tossing a "comfort blanket" over the entire matter.... IMO.

All of the above is due to one man; OutdoorWriter

We owe him a big THANK YOU.

I am seldom if not ever upset at a topic but this series of responses from the States, does bother me. Here's the reason... I and my Family are IN the OPM database's. OPM stepped up and gave everyone, the below. But first, please click on the first link, read, then go on to the 2nd link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-21-5-million-people-federal-authorities-say/
The U.S. government has said it will offer the affected employees at least three years of credit monitoring and other identity-protection services. But OPM faces rising anger among members of federal employee unions who say they have received scant information about the breaches.

It is important to also read this before understanding my feelings:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/opm-...ged-undetected-year-sources/story?id=31689059

My Feelings.... If OPM can be Hacked then every system below them with less DEEP POCKETS for Internet Security, in my views, can be Hacked so much easier and, leave zero traces they were in the system (States, Businesses, Private).

So, why would I be upset by the statements and actions of the above States. "Some" may refer to it as: A "Class" of Privileged people. Meaning that Federal Staff, etc... possibly with clearances (in a background check category) being highly Valuable +- a Union, are given, without even asking, a fully paid: "at least three years of credit monitoring and other identity-protection services".

However, the above States required and used your very private personal information for "Profit", then as this matter surfaces, they tell YOU, to handle it yourself.

I take exception to such and feel the States should stand up and "Instantly" offer everyone, the same Personal Protection as above OPM has. "Do these States feel" Sportsmen/women & Children lack status and/or, will not have a Union to speak for them or, Attorneys to act in a Class Action...?

What riles YOU to take actions. I pray that the "YOU" is ALSO a person from each State whom is a Decision Maker.

On a humorous note: When my wife went on line to sign up for Social Security (on their website) they asked for her SS number, of course. She refused. She doesn't give her SS number to ANYBODY! LOL!

I had to physically take her to the Social Security office here in town.

True story!

>Long posts with multiple links! :D
>

lmmfao...+3

...no offense Jagerdad...

I pay lifelock $250 a year....I hope it is money well spent.

...honestly I could live without all the neighborhood pervert alerts they send out.

DW, I make'em Long just for You Honey :)

To say everything in a nut shell; Government Agencies should provide the Citizens with Free High Quality Credit & Privacy Monitoring when "They" are Hacked. Maybe then they won't contract out all work.

Agree...?

Disagree...?

Hug's Jagerdad :)

I was at Walmart yesterday, the checker asked if I wanted a Walmart card it would save me 10% she asked for my D/L # then a major credit card #.... I Told her NO WAY IN HELL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom