What materials are used in bullet proof vests ?

O

ovinovin7

What material is currently used in bullet proof vests, and what was previously used in bullet proof vest?

Kevlar!

And!

Spider Webbs!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

If I remember right?

Some of the older vests were made using certain types of animal Skin?

You ever had an Elk Hide/Skin Catch a Bullet on the opposite side of the Entry?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>BCB, you can have the animal
>skins, I will take the
>Kevlar.

Hey Paul!

His Question was what are they made of now & what did they used to be made of!

Evolution of the Bullet Proof Vest Paul!:D

Some guys who hunt geese think feathers are made of Kevlar because they can't seem to ever kill one! LOL
They've got to quit shooting them in the butt.
Silly boys!
Zeke

>Some guys who hunt geese think
>feathers are made of Kevlar
>because they can't seem to
>ever kill one! LOL
>They've got to quit shooting them
>in the butt.
>Silly boys!
>Zeke

We call them a$$ wackers in our neck of the woods... One of my hunting buddies has the nick name of tail gunner.

Tallbuck1

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-14 AT 07:21AM (MST)[p]Pretty much kevlar and proprietary variants of kevlar. The heavy ones incorporate ceramic plates. Most are more bullet resistant rather than bullet proof. As I understand it, a lot has to do with how the fibers are woven together and how they react to shock making a pliable material momentarily non pliable for an instant in time. Some of the new high tech stuff is not much thicker than abtee shirt but very cost prohibitive.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom