What is the latest, relative to end of season,

feddoc

Long Time Member
You have bagged your elk, deer, moose, etc.?

Fall of 96. We had taken off from the hunt a little early to help a neighbor tow his truck home. I killed a nice muley, and had my usual lot of fun.

My BIL asked me if I wanted to try an afternoon hunt in a different part of the unit, so I said ok. We headed up about 0900 and it started lightly snowing. Got to the top of the hill, it was about a 3-4 mile walk to where I was gonna meet the BIL. It started snowing harder as I headed down the hill. Saw some spikes and a calf and got a littled excited. More snow.

After about an hour, I crested a hill and saw nothing but elk heads across my peripheral vision. More snow and more sneaking down the hill. It was about 3pm, getting dark and the snow was falling heavier. So, I decided the next bull was going to be my target.

I crested another hill and still saw nothing but elk moving all across my peripheral vision. I shot a nice 6x6, gutted him and started hauling him down the hill. Most of the time I was trying to get out of his way as the hill was kinda steep.

It happened last hour of the last day of the season. 389 bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom