What is the best

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Weight loss - What is the best plan you know ? I'm doing Slim Fast and Lean Cusino with a little fruit. I drink about a gallon of water. I excercise at the gym several times a week and walk 4 to 6 miles a day . I only have 25 days left and need to lose about a lb a day if possible -to win a contest.
Can't afford Liposuction , lol.

1 lb a day is a hard goal. IT can be done but you will feel weak like a kitten.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Buy some good running shoes.

I used to take off from my apartment in
Huntsville and turn on the coffee pot.

When I got back, the coffee wasn't done yet.

It was a start. I weighed 245.

Weigh 170 now, and run and
hike my ass off.

Best thing you will ever do for
yourself.

Well I am down 21 lbs so far and I win 500.00 if I lose 7 lbs a week for 3.5 weeks (April 10 weigh in). Biggest loser contest.

"I used to take off from my apartment in
Huntsville and turn on the coffee pot."

"When I got back, the coffee wasn't done yet."

I don't mean to laugh, but that's funny.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Gastric Bypass Surgery. ..
I lost 168 lbs...in a year and half!!
(Yes I let myself go!!)
Then you super healthy and do stupid stuff like go mountain biking or rock climbing or even jump outta a perfectly good airplane and break both collar bones!
Jester

I'm no expert but.....

1-2 pounds per week is safe and sane weight loss and it usually can be kept off over time.

1 pound per day is a stunt and is not advisable or sustainable... but hey, if ya can win $500 then go for it. Just keep in mind it's not the healthy thing to do.

I have not been on any "programs" for a long time but find that portion-control and exercise is the sustainable plan for me.

"Body for Life" and "Eating for Life" have worked for me but anything that keeps you on track and thinking about your goals should work.

Zeke

Thanks Zeke. I know it is a stunt. I know 1-3 lbs a week is good. I lost only 21 lbs in the first 8 weeks because I was enjoying food I shouldnt eat. But I've been working g on arms,shoulders, back, abs but only just started leg presses and such last week. The last 6 weeks I have walked 25-28 miles a week and also walk stairs (24 stories). I wasn't trying to win but now I'm in the running and it ends April 10 I feel very competitive.
I am feeling 10 years younger already.

Anyone else thinkin' about getting some Buffalo Wings?

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-15 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]I agree
492320150317_203147.jpg

I got compliments from the Mrs. tonite. That helps but I will have to just plug along no way am I going to lose more than 13 lbs in 27 days.

I know a guy who lost a bit over 200 pounds! All it cost him was half of everything he owned. He got a divorce.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

When I was younger I did that too. I decided to just be patient because I won't win but will lose the rest slower and will remain strong.
I can go 85 stories on the StairMaster in 30 minutes now. I can get 28 pushups . Not that bad for 56.

"I know a guy who lost a bit over 200 pounds! All it cost him was half of everything he owned. He got a divorce."

did his wife like fat guys or he found a skinny girlfriend?

Eel,
That's funny, but it's a fact.

I lost nearly 60 pounds.

Weigh about 168 these days.

Ran a half Marathon in Colorado last
year, at altitude .

It was a blast.

The cold beer after was the best

lve2143, that's a remarkable achievement. You should be proud.

My Dr. is 90 years old and in good shape. I wouldn't want to arm wrestle him. I asked him how he stayed in such good shape. He wrote the name of this book down and I went home and ordered it. It will change your life if you let it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/076114773X...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_20e96qjq41_b

Eel

Avoid weight lifting for now if you want to lose weigh. Breaking down muscle will cause water weight gain while muscle is healing.

Obviously eating less is most important, but also eating far less sugar and saturated fat is very helpful. Add to that some serious exercise. Running/power hiking (high heart rate exercise) for an hour or more per day.

Less food and healthier food is key.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Dude if you're just in it for the money, and need to lose that much in that short of time, it's got to be DRASTIC, and as others have already said, it's NOT THE HEALTHEY WAY to do it. OK disclaimer over. This is what you will need to do:

Eat no more than 700 calories total each day, no exceptions! 400 from protein, 150 from fat, 150 from carbs. Take 1 multivitamin morning, noon and night to help with how crappy you're going to feel. Spread your 700 out over the day, also to help with how crappy you're going to feel. Did I mention how crappy you're going to feel? It's the price you'll have to pay.

You need to know, to lose a pound a day, you will be losing some amount of muscle at that extreme calorie deficit. That's why protein needs to be the bulk of your calorie consumption to minimize muscle loss, while still cutting fat.

You're going to feel like crap, no energy, head aches, achy body, but, you'll need to push through it with two-three hours of high heart rate exercise per day, best split into 1-1.5 hour segments morning and evening.

It's going to SUCK!

Here's the math:
Note: 1 lb of fat = 3500 calories

Normal caloric needs: 2500
Caloric intake: 700
Deficit: 1800
Exercise caloric burn: 2 x 800 = 1600
Total deficit: 1800+1600=3400= 1lb weight loss (mostly fat some muscle)

It?ll be hard earned so don't blow you're $500 on donuts after the big win.

Thanks Forks. So that is 2 800 calorie burn exercises a day? I normally get about 770 or so calorie burn for 70 minutes on the treadmill. I will need 2 1/2 hours walking quickly a day then. I am already doing almost 2 hours everyday anyway.

Remember DM!

Diet = Die with a T!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom