What is the best binocs w/ built in rangefinder??

NMPaul

Looking to sell my swarovski rangefinder and leica ultravids and buy binocs w/built in rangefinder.

If Leica is heads and shoulders better I will buy Leica, BUT, I have had bad experiences with their warranty and prefer to give them no more of my money.

Zeiss?? Swarovski??

I do not want to sacrifice glass nor do I want something that needs to be repaired every year. I will use them hard so I need durable as well.

Any first hand experience is welcomed.

Thanks

I can only speak to the Zeiss glass and customer service. Both are second to none. I own a pair of Victory 10x42's, and if I were to buy a range finding pair it would definitely be Zeiss.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Though the Swarovski's are new enough that they may have a few bugs to be worked out.

Good luck.

I have the Leica Geovid 10x42 (non-HD). They have been flawless. I got to look through the new Swarovskis at a trade show a few weeks ago, and if I were in the market today I would buy the Swaros.

The button is easier to reach with either hand, the edge-to-edge clarity was better, and they have angle compensation built in.

The only negative I have with the Swaros is that they have a bump on the bottom of each barrel (for electronics) that could become annoying banging against your chest while hiking. I think a Badland style bino-system (as opposed to a Crooked Horn style) could take care of this.

Grizzly

Good feedback guys. Does the Zeiss have the Angle compensation built in also???

Cameraland has a good price on the Zeiss.

Played with all 3 at the expo. The only one that I did not like was the Swarovski. The range finder was very slow compared to the lecia and zeiss. All were great glass.
I have the lecia crf 1200 rangefinder now and like it a ton! So if it were me I would probably get the lecia.

}}-SLIVER-->

>Played with all 3 at the
>expo. The only one that
>I did not like was
>the Swarovski. The range finder
>was very slow compared to
>the lecia and zeiss. All
>were great glass.
>I have the lecia crf 1200
>rangefinder now and like it
>a ton! So if it
>were me I would probably
>get the lecia.
>
>}}-SLIVER-->

+1. I didn't like the Swaro either. The Leica is my favorite

I had ruled out Leica because they really screwed me a few years ago on a warranty.

However, I sent them my ultravids for some TLC and it appears they will be doing it for free. If they do, I love them again and will be considering the Leica rangefinder binocs.

Do the Leicas have the angle compensation or just the swaros?

thanks

Leicas do not have range compensating.

I know Leica came out with a new no-fault warranty program a few years ago. The rubber lens caps on my Geovids wore out, and Leica was great to replace them. No charge, not even shipping.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom