What is everyone doing

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Just curious. I haven't camped yet and the wife helped me cut a tree down today. It was in the cable and phone lines going to the Condos behind us. A little scary for this old man. Got most of it to the dump and then mowed the lawn. Meanwhile while Baby Back Ribs are in the Masterbuilt Smoker with an hour left. I use the 2-2-1 method. For St Louis Ribs it is the 3-2-1.
I made it to the Gym early and did Cardio and some dumbell workouts. It will take 2 days for my energy to come back now.
I didn't draw Utah tags but put in
for my Idaho Resident Pronghorn, Late Muley and Late Bull Elk Tags and the drawing will be in July I think.
I've been wondering what all the Tariffs and Mexico will do to the stock market and the commodities - not good probably. Instead of retiring in 2 or 3 years I bet I will have to work until 65 - 68 years of age. Nothing good comes easy anyway.

Fired up the new smoker, gonna see what the Turkey and bring sd ket are like in a couple hours. Beer in the freezer to cool it off.

Been pondering a new gun purchase...maybe a Christensen MPR in .300 PRC or a Savage in .338.

Savage offers 30% off MSRP which clouds the picture a bit.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Weeded the asparagus patch.

Replaced gaskets on the 4wheeler fuel shut off, machine was sucking air and it took me a while to figure out where. It's fixed now.

Went out and shot a 100 rounds through the mini 14. The 3/8 plate I made a gong with is not hard enough to stop a 55 grain .223 bullet. I like the FFIII reflex sight I put on it a lot. It isn't a long range system though, never intended it to be.

Took a cold beer out front under the trees to sit and sip, Wife brought music box out and made me dance with her to nat King Cole.

Going for a bike ride in a few minutes.

Later, plan on cashing in the dance chip.

Hasbean

I retired from full time meat cutting about a year and a half ago.
I cut meat 2 days a week and guide horseback trail rides 3 days a week while drawing my pension.

Life is really good.

2ivh45e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-19 AT 09:07PM (MST)[p]Turkey is great after a 4 day brine with lemons and oranges and such. I did brisket once and it was great. I just love cooking with the smoker. Good for you Feddoc. I have a Savage and haven't even pulled the trigger. I guess I like the lightweight Kimber Montana too much. A Christensen is a great gun. My coworker has a son who owns a 300 winmag Christensen with muzzle break. It is a great rifle he says.

That is sweet Harry. I'm jealous ! Can't afford land around here anymore unless I really save alot. I bought a new tent, double wide Kelty sleeping bag , insulated pad and new lighweight chairs plus a dry huge duffle bag for a horse trip with wife this summer. We are going to the Bighorn Crags for 4 days .
7883320190530112435.jpg

4421220190524163534.jpg

I went grocery shopping first thig this morning. Then cleaned house in preparation for a new couch that was delivered at 9am.

Then got the .22 rifle out and was on squirrel patrol for the squirrel that found the bird house I hung about a month ago. The damned squirrel found it and is trying to gnaw his way in. I'm going to shoot it with lead ammo too and feed it to a Condor. Screw California.

Then my MIL called. She's out of kindling and halibut, so I had to drop everything and do that.

Not a good day today.

>
>HunterHarry, Please send me a PM.
>I would like to know
>you.
>
>Jagerdad :)

Hey JAG!

HH Requires More Hugs than Homer!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-19 AT 10:11PM (MST)[p]>>
>>HunterHarry, Please send me a PM.
>>I would like to know
>>you.
>>
>>Jagerdad :)
>
>Hey JAG!
>
>HH Requires More Hugs than Homer!
>
>

????

I'm really busy, but still check in and see what the guys at MM are doing once in a while.
No time to be an active, full time participant anymore.

woke up at 7am and turned on Motor Trends TV....got a hand job at 7:30...that was refreshing. checked water in the almonds and recharge field. Shot my old 30-30 to check some loads....it was good. Started fertilizer into drip lines on almonds at 11:30 then loaded spray rig and put roundup on 30 acres of RR alfalfa. Sat at the computer constantly refreshing the politics thread waiting for FTW or Ocho to post some comedy...checked fert level again.....fert was all on by 3:15 and let it flush lines till 4pm....restarted it on the next 40 acre set and will repeat fertilizer at noon tomorrow.....thought about calling NVB and buying his Big Wheel.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That Glyphosate is going to give you cancer, don't you know?

>woke up at 7am and turned
>on Motor Trends TV....got a
>hand job at 7:30...that was
>refreshing. checked water in the
>almonds and recharge field. Shot
>my old 30-30 to check
>some loads....it was good. Started
>fertilizer into drip lines on
>almonds at 11:30 then loaded
>spray rig and put roundup
>on 30 acres of RR
>alfalfa. Sat at the computer
>constantly refreshing the politics thread
>waiting for FTW or Ocho
>to post some comedy...checked fert
>level again.....fert was all on
>by 3:15 and let it
>flush lines till 4pm....restarted it
>on the next 40 acre
>set and will repeat fertilizer
>at noon tomorrow.....thought about calling
>NVB and buying his Big
>Wheel.....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Hasbean

I'll play. Yesterday June 1. Horse/chicken chores check ditch levels and Beaver traps. Caught 1 makes 4 out of that ditch. Come home get wife headed to Blue Mesa for a lady's boat brunch. One of her friends getting divorced so it's a man bash vodka kind of summer. Took 3 point hitch backhoe to ditch tore out 3 dams and fixed a low spot. Put some plastic in ditch 2
Too protect diversion from high water. Chest deep Quartz Creek is COLD. Shower change. Taking 18 inches of top soil off a 150 by 85 area for the wife's arena spend a couple hours a day on that. Almost ready for sand and panel's. Wife says I'm going to drive her to Almont for a clothing exchange party??? Can I go look at sheep or elk with my tripod thingy for a couple hours? Drop her off and go to the hills. 6 deer sheds 1 6 point bull. Last mile is with a head lamp...miss horns that way..Im late for wife pick up.. in trouble again...June 2..headed to ditch.

Sitting on the back patio this morning with a cuppa coffee and looking out at the view across the high Nevada desert. Sure is green right now. Just retired on Friday so that hasn't really sunk in yet. Got a couple grandkids playing in the yard. Thinking about all the upcoming hunts I will be going on. Plan on going out later today and shooting some muzzleloader loads.

I sprayed so much Round Up with my Pest Biz. I've had Cancer twice but not the Hodgkins. Lots of Dursban and Diazanon too. I'm sure it wasn't great for me.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-19 AT 03:43PM (MST)[p]Sounds like some are having a good weekend. Wife, grandkids and I went to the family cabin Friday night and cut up some fire wood yesterday, then to Antelope lake and took the grandkids out on the kayak. Today went to Church then bbq?d chicken and corn on the cob. Wife made some salads. Boy felt like summer. Still getting thunder storms around here. Had rain to scattered showers around here for a month. HH. and buckhorn. That retirement thing sounds awesome, congrats. What's your son up to these days? Wife and I have a little over a year and we're ready. The horseback riding is something we want to get back into. Had some several years ago and never replaced them when they were done.

Mowing ,mowing and more
Mowing. Never seen this much rain in our part of the world. Tying up a lot of loose ends, retiring at end of June. Working on chicken fajitas and stuffed smoked Jalepenos right now. Gonna celebrate sister in laws birthday tonight.

I'm retired. Do what ever the Fxxx I want. LOL.

But tommorrow have rifles to shoot. Lawn to mow. Leaving in mid month to fish in Alaska.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

>I'm retired. Do what ever
>the Fxxx I want.
>LOL.
>
>But tommorrow have rifles to shoot.
>Lawn to mow. Leaving
>in mid month to fish
>in Alaska.
>
>from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

You Taking any Friends kilbuc?:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Same with the rain here kilbuc. It looks stormy right now but I just loaded the ATV in the truck. Taking the wife to a 7500 ' elevation lake in the morning. Getting to have fun finally.if I get a big fish maybe post up a pic tomorrow evening.

Homer it is imperative that you sell the Trail 90 to Jager. I wish I could find some MM guys to go riding with over here. I might be willing to share a hunting spot also.

Spent the weekend at my new lake lot. Put the cover on my boat lift and even had a few minutes to mash some smallmouth bass and some crappies off the dock. Baseball practice for the boys and a little brush pile burn on Sat night.

Yesterday the wife, boy and I did a 3 mile hike up the mountain and back, then I took the boy fishing for a couple hours (I suck at fishing), then back home and took the dog for a walk and then back home and took the wife on an RZR ride. Discovered a rattle in the RZR, so I'll be fixing that soon. Darn thing!

Got the boat out for the first time Saturday. The water was really cold!! One run kneeboarding and I was done. Bugs were bad too!

I broke my finger a couple weeks ago after falling off the rock wall in the backyard, so no rock climbing for me and it's driving me nuts.

This past week I've been working on my 4-wheeler. Replaced the CV boots, but the carburetor overflow leak is driving me nuts. I think the float needle valve might be loose in the seat and doesn't seal right at times. I don't know. I finally gave up and ordered a new $50 carb.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Yesterday I put up 300' of chain link fence.

Today I'm putting up two feet. All day.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

>>I'm retired. Do what ever
>>the Fxxx I want.
>>LOL.
>>
>>But tommorrow have rifles to shoot.
>>Lawn to mow. Leaving
>>in mid month to fish
>>in Alaska.
>>
>>from the "Heartland of Wyoming"
>
>You Taking any Friends kilbuc?:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Yes.

You should give it back to her longun......then you could come on here and say you're playing with your wife?s ASS....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Been really busy selling all of my hunting and fishing gear on Coueswhitetail.com and eBay. Much of it is brandy new that had been used for photo purposes only, and the rest is only slightly used since I haven't hunted or fished in the last 10 years.

Other than that, spending a bit of time in my woodshop making my SO a bread box.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Waiting for the snow to leave the Colorado Mtns so I can go scouting and put out trailcams.

Cleaning out my garage that I have not cleaned out in 10yrs got tired in all the trails I had to get around in it and not being able to find anything. Needed to get to my reloading bench to do some reloading.

Lots of yard work to do on 3 acres also.

Retired and also tired.

DREW A COUPLE OF GOOD TAGS (WYOMING ELK UNIT 7, & COLORADO BUCK UNIT 53 3RD SEASON). PLANNING AND GOING OVER GEAR & EQUIPMENT LIST SO LOTS TO DO. WILL BE CHASING 2 GRAND KIDS TODAY, AND OUT TO DINNER WITH THE GIRLF......OOPPS I MEAN WIFE TO NIGHT, I AM TOO OLD FOR THAT STUFF.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE GOOD HUNTS THIS YEAR...??????.YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom