What eyepiece for ED 50

I

irhuntr

I ordered a Nikon 50 ED and am looking for the best eyepiece for general hunting situations.Ive been leaning toward the 13-40 zoom but having a hard time finding one at a decent price.Does anyone recomend any of the others available? Thanks for any help.

Get that eyepiece (13-40), you won't regret it. There is an older post here with a link to buy it at a fair price. Search ED 50 & you will find it. By far the best set-up for that little scope.

Call Doug at cameraland and ask for the refurb at about $79. Get the 40x it does make a difference. I have both 30x and 40 x. 40x by far makes a big difference.

Good luck.

Porter.

I have the zoom and 27x fixed eye pieces. With the zoom, eye-relief is shorter and eye placement can be difficult. Magnification above 30x the FOV gets pretty narrow and the image gets much darker. If I am doing alot of glassing, I find myself using the fixed eyepiece more as it is more comfortable.

It is nice to have the 40x magnifications under ideal conditions though.....

Well,I just couldn't find the 13x40 eyepiece for a price in my range but I found a great deal on a 13x30.I'll keep watching but for now I still need to find a tripod that makes sense with this little scope for as light a package as possible.Sure appreciate the help,IRHUNT.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom