What does number of posts have to do with anything ?

It only proves that if you have 1000+ posts you have wasted away too much of your life. That, or your employer is getting screwed!

7000+ means you're not spending enough time checking your short n' curlys for ticks...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]I've been a member for 6+ years and I'm only up to 133 post but it is the guys who like to get involved that keeps this an awsome site.

the # of posts no big deal to me. they can do away with it. some people dont have a life outside of mm. if thats what they like more power to them. life goes on rick

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 03:41PM (MST)[p]Well BFE, here's my .02 on the matter.

Like you, you have well in excess of 2000 posts. It tells me absolutely nothing about what your job is or how you perform it, or how much time you have on your hands...who cares about that anyway...not me.

I'm assuming your post is about me, and i made that comment because i was being critisized by a guy with just less than a handful of posts. If he was new on here, how does he even know me or anyone else's character?

But your right, it really doesn't matter anyway and i shouldn't have even made it an issue.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I will say this much, I have met some great people here with the same interests. Does a high post count matter? No, but it does not hurt. I have been able to get information I need in new areas. I also think I have paid back in that department to help those who I believe are trusting and hardcore guys in need of help. I have 4 or 5 great friends from here. I also would not give a plug nickel for some of the goof-balls on this site.

I guess I spend too much time here, but it is something I am interested in and I am always learning something.

Slamdunk,
I'm was not referring to anything you typed.

I just find it interesting that trolls generally have < 100 posts.

I know some HEAVY hitters in the hunting community that check in here once in a while.
One guy inparticular has a two digit post count, but you ought to see his trophy room!!!!

The thing with the big numbers is just that the guys here get to know what you are about.
It has nothing to do with your abilities as a hunter or your knowledge.

I've always appreciated content over volume.
HH

Geeeez, i got all defensive with my teammate!
Sorry BFE, my bad.

There was a similar question in the elk forum wars earlier in the week. Some guy jumped in out of nowhere with nothing under his belt as far as posts go and critisized the whole board.
It didn't sit well with others as you can imagine.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

The only thing that bothers me in when the new guys come in and start bashing someone who is a well liked regular on here. Most of the time its because their internet skin is WAAAAAAY too thin.....Post count obviously has nothing to do with hunting ability, if it did then Bessy would be the greatest hunter EVAR!!!!!!

MAY I ASK WHAT AN EVAR IS???

I MUST NOT BE THE GREATEST HUNTER!!!

I DON'T PACK A PEASHOOTER (.257!!!)LOL!!!

YOU'VE TOOK A BUCK THIS YEAR & I HAVEN'T!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

HEY Beefy???

INTERESTING QUESTION!!!

IF YOU HAD A DOZEN CUTIES LINED UP & SOME OF THEM WERE SPORTING DD'S AND SOME WERE SPORTING AA'S,WOULD IT MATTER???

ANSWER PLEASE!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

An EVAR is internet slang for EVER, i thought you would know that by know Bess????Lets add up the inches of Deer antler that the 257 has taken vs. the 300 eh?

YOUR .257???

VERSUS!!!

MY .300???

DON'T KNOW HOW OLD YOU ARE???

I KNOW YOU'VE TAKEN SOME NICE BUCKS!!!

AND I'M NOT KNOCKING YOUR .257!!!

LET ME KNOW IF THATS WHAT YOU MEANT???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I find this VERY interesting.
I can see where Several fellows are coming from,
I think.

Hunter Harry, Totally nailed one aspect, in that, there
are a Whole Bunch of Really Good, and talented hunters on
here that don't post, or at least chit chat, at all.
I respect them totally.

Then, you have folk like me, that are decent hunters, at
best, that post on here all the time.

People are on this site for different reasons. BIG TIME.

I hate TV, and fully admit, I visit on here.

Others, couldn't care less about carrying on about what
a good BBQ pit is supposed to look like, but kill B&C stuff
with regularity.

I like ALL of them.

Less than that, is boring.

DIVERSITY... boy's and girl's........

You may think it's BS.
But it's not.

fyi
lrv

Tony!!!

NOT KNOCKING THE .257!!!

IT'S A SWEET GUN/CALIBER!!!

JUST AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR MOST OF MY NEEDS!!!

I SAY LETS PLACE A BET???

WHAT MY .300 HAS PUT ON THE GROUND!!!

VERSUS!!!

WHAT YOUR .257 HAS PUT ON THE GROUND!!!

I'LL CLUE YOU IN ON ONE THING RIGHT NOW!!!

I'VE NEVER PUT A BUCK ON THE GROUND YET THAT I CONSIDER BIG!!!

SO WHAT ARE WE WAGERING???

AND JUST THINK!!!

YOU MIGHT BE AHEAD OF ME ON THE BONE & INCHES!!!

YOU'VE GOT A BUCK THIS YEAR & I DON'T!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Well, I have only had this particular rifle for a few years. SO if you want a contest, lets do an average instead of a total. So far I am at 168" average....

Mr. Bess,

As a .25-06 shooter, all I can tell you is,

YOUR WRONG.

And Tonys right.

Other than that......
you're Ok with me.

fyi
lrv

COME ON Tony!!!

LETS DO TOTALS SINCE WE WERE OLD ENOUGH TO HUNT!!!

YOU KNOW THE NE REGION WHERE I HUNT HAS SUCKED THE LAST FEW YEARS & HAS HURT MY AVERAGE LATELY!!!

LETS ALSO TAKE ALL THE DRAW TAGS,CWMU TAGS OUT OF THE COMPARRISON!!!

THE BONE I HAVE WAS ALL HARVESTED ON GENERAL UNITS IN PISSCUTTER REGIONS!!!

HOW BOUT IT Tony???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

GOSH DAMNIT liver!!!

NOW EVEN YOU ARE TELLING ME I'M WRONG!!!

WTF???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

HEY Tony???

DID YOU GET YOUR BULL???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

>HEY Tony???
>
>DID YOU GET YOUR BULL???
>

No. Wasn't gonna shoot a Pisscutter back where we were! I really got that tag just to hunt Deer 2 weeks early, with the chance of seeing a good Bull.

SMART MOVE!!!

YOU WANT TO COME OUT THIS WEEKEND & TAG ALONG???

THERES GONNA BE ALOT OF ORANGE!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Harry I understand what you are saying, but that type of person is not the type to come on here just to start crap & could care less if they get banned.
# of posts = time invested typing, especially for those like me that have to hunt & peck.

It still amuses me when a 1st time poster asks for info that took someone years to figure out, then when everyone doesn't spill their guts, they get indignant & proceed to flame all.

Beefy???

YOU HUNTIN WITH ORANGE???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

URRRP! "For crying out loud", been busy trying to get ready for the big hunt & missed out on this really important thread. Oh! well, at least I'm finally over a thousand. I'm sure I've said some really important sh!t.

RUS

who cares how many posts you have. I'm with harry on this one. I get on this web site for one reason, my PASSION for hunting. I like to look at pictures and listen to other peoples stories about hunting. who gives a damn how many posts you have.

YOU RUN THE WARDEN OF RUS!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Now, I AM PISSED!

....I watched this site for a year before I ever signed up.

It was my understanding that if I had 100 posts by Thanksgiving I would get a free bar-b-que tool kit with a MM monogramed apron........now you say I don't get that bonus?

JEEEEEZZZZZ, I just figured out where it says my number of posts. Now I would like to know where I can find out how long I been a member, can you help me. Apparently I get way too wrapped up in the discussions to check the stats. Now can anyone tell me how many posts I need before the next booner comes? Last but not least if there is a spell check feature I have missed that would save some emberaasment if you pointed it out also. Not that I can't spell it is just that my fingers hit three keys at a time.

+ 1, I hardly ever post because my computer never keeps me logged in. Everytime I want to post I have to search my email for my password. I also used to be missedagain then I changed my email address and couldn't get that password anymore so I had to change my name.

BFE
I don't think number of posts has as much to do with it as quality of content. Be it educational, comical or just a bunch of folks with shared interests and love of our hunting heritage, cussin and discussing topics that are near and dear to all of us.

The Troll's and "Toothache Merchants" are going to get on here as well. They expose themselves pretty quickly though.
I just ignore them best I can and enjoy the Picture's of the Animals I love and the Country I long for!!
Later
Foghorn

Most of my post get nuked.... so only 1/2 of mine count!
I've been here since 99'
rm

>Thanks alot man!!!! Where is the
>spell check????

Try using firefox instead of IE, it has it built in. Then you too can appear to be a good speller like me! You just have to go back and edit all the words with the red lines under them.....

>>Thanks alot man!!!! Where is the
>>spell check????
>
>
>Try using firefox instead of IE,
>it has it built in.
>Then you too can appear
>to be a good speller
>like me! You just have
>to go back and edit
>all the words with the
>red lines under them.....

Hey Tony
How many times will it let you try before it makes a reference to your intelligence?? MSword tells me I have a "fragmented" sentence all the time! Like I know what THAT is.

Congrats on the Buck! He's a beauty!
Later
Foghorn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom