What do you think, 2nd ammendment infringement?

slamdunk

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21597851&ni...vie-goer-had-gun-for-protection&s_cid=queue-2

"Our job is to protect the community," he said of police. "It's not his role. If there's a gun, it's because our officers brought it. It's not his job to bring the gun, it's ours."

Yes, but it's also his constitutional right to bear arms.

Sounds to me this cop feels like the police should be the only ones toting a gun. Many forget we have a right to protect ourselves and 99.999% of people are good and will likely not ever concider violent intentional harm to others. So the vast majority should have nothing to fear if people carried a gun. IMO those who fear guns are uneducated with regards to gun handling and responsibility. Maybe americans could use a mandatory gun safety class in high school along side sex ed...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I agree Tailchaser, you couldn't be more correct!
for this man to even be sitting in jail is a total infringement on his rights as an American. Our judicial system preaches "innocent until proven guilty".......this poor guy is sitting in jail because he is "guilty until he's proven innocent". I am assuming he is missing time with his family, work and his daily normal life.
The only thing they could possibly get him on is if he had a conceal permit or not because the 9mm was inside the dufflebag.
If so, he should have walked into that theater toting his piece John Wayne style.

I agree Slam... if the guy plays by the rules. He didn't have a conceal permit and seems to be looking for trouble.....

"Smith brought the weapons to a Regal Cinemas theater in Westlake, just outside of Cleveland, and seated himself in the middle of the theater's back row a half hour before the movie started, police said."

I'm just fine with everyone packing if they play by the basic rules. What we don't need is a bunch of gunslingers out there looking for trouble.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I'm all about gun rights but this guy seems like he's bat sh!t crazy. Good on the cop to arrest him. What if he hadn't and the dude went ape sh!t in the theater after the movie started???

Traditional >>>------->

>I'm all about gun rights but
>this guy seems like he's
>bat sh!t crazy. Good on
>the cop to arrest him.
>What if he hadn't and
>the dude went ape sh!t
>in the theater after the
>movie started???
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

No offense HC, but people in the east may think you (or we) would be "bat sh!t crazy" to walk into a theater "western style" wearing a very exposed sidearm that's totally legal.
It can go both ways, just sayin......

>I'm all about gun rights but
>this guy seems like he's
>bat sh!t crazy. Good on
>the cop to arrest him.
>What if he hadn't and
>the dude went ape sh!t
>in the theater after the
>movie started???
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

What if somebody thinks you might go bat sh!t crazy? Can't have it both ways.... freedom requires us to trust each other and accept the fact that some people DO go crazy. The best defense is teaching our kids and guys like you how to protect themselves and giving them the means to do so just incase someone does.

Hey guys, how you would feel if your family was in that theater and you knew this guy was sitting behind them with a fully loaded semi auto and spare mags and three knives.

He is on medication and was discharged by the army after only being in for one month. That sounds like a section 8 discharge to me for being unfit for military duty.

The off duty cop took the right approach in this case to possibily avert a disaster by a "POSSIBLE" mental case.

RELH

>Hey guys, how you would feel
>if your family was in
>that theater and you knew
>this guy was sitting behind
>them with a fully loaded
>semi auto and spare mags
>and three knives.
>
> He is on
>medication and was discharged by
>the army after only being
>in for one month. That
>sounds like a section 8
>discharge to me for being
>unfit for military duty.
>
> The off
>duty cop took the right
>approach in this case to
>possibily avert a disaster by
>a "POSSIBLE" mental case.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH
>

That is kind of interesting....if I knew he was behind my family with a gun and knives...that would mean that he was displaying them; that would make me nervous as hell. Sitting in the back of a theater just isn't the time or place to check your weapon(s).

And there was no way to determine (by casual observance) if the guy was ever in the Army, let alone was discharged after only one month or if he was on meds whilst carrying a weapon.

That being said, I would like to think the cop had some sort of reasonable suspcion to check the guys bag. Or the guy could have said, 'yeah, sure take a look' Or, maybe the theater had a 'we will search your bags' sign up.

I expect we will see a lot more to this story in the next few days. If he was on meds which prohibited him from having a weapon, that will make for some interesting legal discussions.

Feddoc;

I think the cop was following his gut feelings based on the guys responses. As for the search, you will be surprised how many persons will give their consent to a search even when they have illegal items or hidden firearms.

If the officer words his request in a non alarming way most will give consent. After getting consent on many occasions and finding drugs or firearms, I finally started asking the suspects why he gave consent. Just about everyone of them stated that he felt the cop was really not suspicious and just fishing. They further stated that they felt if they refused the cop would get suspicious.By giving consent, they hoped the cop would do a poor search and not find anything.

RELH

What would you guys be saying if he hadn't been arrested and he went awol? He had guns and thousands of rounds in his house. Nothing wrong with that. The part that got me was the bullet proof vest. Why does anyone outside military, LEO need that stuff.
I know the media is always gonna paint a worse picture than it really is but this story smelled fishy from the start.
That dude is the reason I always carry.

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom