What do you pack?

C

ClorideRUS

What do you pack for a long hike? Say 5 miles or so. I usually take a couple a quarts of water, Slim Jims and Snickers.

If it's just a shorty, like maybe a mile or two. I usually grab a couple of 16 ounce Buds and a can of sardines in mustard.

RUS

I PACK A 3-5-7!!!

WAIT TILL JACKMASTER ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Water. Jolly Rancher hard candy. Trophy Hunter Magazine, so when I don't see anything I can read about seeing something.

Eel

for the long ones I pack a gatorade and some water. Gotta have jearky and some candy bars, and my water pump so i can fill up on the hill and not have to pack alot. but I really love to stop by Arbys and pick up a 5 for 5 roast beef melts and pack them. nothing beats cold roast beef with melted cheese up on the hill.

Sardines? No wonder there are no animals around you Rus!:D If I am hunting from home I freeze gatorade in my hydration bladder that usually last the whole day. I usually pack what Rus packs (minus the fish guts). When I had my LE elk tag a couple of years ago I practically lived on jerky and granola bars. Lost 13 lbs in the process.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

HAMMER GEL IS THAT NUTRITIONAL STUFF!!!

NEVER TRIED IT!!!

MAYBE BeanMan CAN SPLAIN IT TO US???

WHAT ALL THEY GOT???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I don't really do recreational hiking anymore, I save that for hunting season. Don't pack much on the way in so I can pack out that Muley Buck ;-)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-08 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]I started using hammer Gel for long road and mountain bike rides. It really keeps your energy up especially when used with electrolite drinks like Cytomax. I buy the large jugs and have one of 'flasks' that I can pour 6-7 servings into for use while hiking biking etc. It's not a substitute for lunch and dinner.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/za/H...ct.category,NUTRI,Sport Drinks, Gels, & Fuels

Bean

I pack plenty of water and some granola bars. Ill also throw in a MRE and a water filter for emergencys. Rarely do I go into the woods without my ol' .45.
ismith

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Fred,

Would you recommend this stuff for a
five day elk hunt ??

I tend to take you're word for Damned near
anything.

Lar

Larry,

I've got some ocean front property for sale cheap here in western Colorado. That might be Mr. Bushmill, an Irish lad, that was visiting at the neighbors tonight talking though.

Hammer Gell would be a good choice in addition to quality meals for at least breakfast and dinner. No substitute for a good carbo load the night before. Cytomax really helps relieve muscle burn from lactic acid produced during hard exertion.

Cheers,

Fred

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom