What do you carry in your pack?

T

Tsessions

What kind of itmes do you put in your pack?

Snacks:
Summer sausage
trail mix
crackers

Misc:
Extra pair of socks
flare
batteries
knife
saw
headlamp

ditto on the summer sausage and crackers, I also carry a bottle of hot/sweet mustard to eat with it.
fruit smiles from WalMart
apple slices
thin rope
gutting gloves
camera

Things I always have:
first aid kit
knife
leatherman
rope
matches/lighter
TP
gloves
headlamp
snickers
trailmix
Dr. Pepper

----------------
Damn you Scott!
----------------

Well, I've been caught out this year at least 4 times with no TP!!
So, now I have 4 sleeveless shirts!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]Marley beat me to the punch so i will go with the next most common item

Empty game bags.....

?Life is like a ten speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use!?

For day hunt: first aid kit (tailored to your needs, but might include bandaids, sanitizing wipes, gauze, pain reliever, sucher kit, pencil, duct tape, dentil floss/sewing needle, iodine tablets), knife, 2 latex gloves, headlamp, parachute cord (around 10 ft), 2 liter water bladder+a plastic bottle for backup (you're screwed if your bladder developes a hole, happened to me), tp, matches/lighter, tinder, one birthday candle (great for starting fires, and also good if it's your birthday), gps, map, compass, quarter bags (2-3 for deer, 5-6 for elk), two lawn/leaf garbage bags, tag, rain gear, five cartriges (in addition to the 4 in my rifle, food.

water, campass, lighter, candle,map (depending), gps, matches, first aid, duct tape rope or 550 cord, trash bags,water, game bags extra knife, sharpener, saw, more water and a purafing water bottle, extra bow stuff allen wrench ect. camera, video camra note pad. flagging, emergancy blanket, extra batteries fash light, head lamp range finder, hopefully on e of those spot emergancy becons for xmass?? al this is i my small pack oh ya food, sox, extra shirt, poncho or rain jacket and probly some more stuff i don't need too I carry this stuff for about 2 days then dump it all out and see what I don't need and proceed to put it all back in again

whats in your pack??????

In the past . . . way to friggin' much!

In the future, while elk hunting, I plan to carry my Bull-Pak frame along with 2 knives for field dressing, skinning, quartering; a Wyoming Saw for cutting off legs and perhaps horns (I'm OK taking a cow -- they probably eat better); at least four large game bags, maybe more; possibly a heavy weight plastic bag. When I return from the hunt after a kill, I'll carry the backstraps, tenderloins, and trimmed meat back with me and leave the large pieces of 2 shoulders and two hams in heavy game bags at the kill site.

I would also carry a GPS, a bottle of water, some food. I would leave a lot of miscellanous stuff I carried this year, just because I can't carry all that plus the things I mentioned above.

>Wetwipes

My wife likes to keep wipes in the cars and bathrooms at home, you know the little individualy packaged ones so I thought hey a couple of those would be a great addition to the items I already carry in my pack.

Well imagine my surprise when I discovered there are two different types of wipes.

There are the wipes that one can use to "freshen up" with and there are the disinfectant wipes that I guess a person would use in a public restroom to wipe down a toilet or whatever.

Can you guess which ones I put in my pack?

I have since learned to pay attention to little details like that.

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom