What do you all think?

joesikora

Long Time Member
Hi all,
Yes,on my soap box.

Have a question what do you all think of The DU,RMEF,WTF,and other wildlife organizations,etc,buying all or some/most of their apparel items,etc,for the auctions and for their online stores being made in forgein countries?I understand free trade but I don't see too many children from Indonesia, China, Taiwan,etc,doing alot of Duck,Elk,Turkey,hunting in the US.

They organazations preach donate,donate,donate and we do."Leave us your endowments,your stock,bonds,land and so forth".And a good amount of people do and thats awesome.

I just think if they bought American the regular guy could afford to do/give more.I'm not talking about using a US company that are treating they employees just as bad as the 3rd world countries but good companies that take care of the people that work for them.

What are your thoughts?

A side note.I do belong and participate in all the organization above,and I also buy some of the apparel/items too.

Thanks for your time.

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

Well?
Do you own any Chevy's?
Fords?
Dodges?
(Don't think they are all American!)Cuzz they ain't!

I hear what you're saying & I'm all for keeping things in the USA but I don't believe the average American has a clue on how much Foreign f'n junk is imported in to this country?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

we have to start reading the lables if it don't say made in the usa we don't buy it I have noticed alot of lables that say assembled in the usa but everthing is for outside the usa. thats the only way we are going to make it better for us and our kids. I preach it my kids and gande babys.

I hope you guys that want to buy American don't like to hunt. Every stitch of camo clothing is made over seas. All of your optics are made over seas. The vast majority of your outdoor equipment is made over seas. The ATV's you own and drive, etc. are all made over seas. I know what you're saying but it's a useless argument. It is NOT possible to buy everything American and survive.

It's always an adventure!!!

You would be hard pressed to find a hat or t-shirt that was made in the USA, with the exception of some high end clothing almost no apperal is mfg here. And even if you bought then from a US apperal company which they may do they would still get the hats/shirts from overseas and just do the embroidry or silkscreen here.

As always intelligent responses.

I understand we cannot exclude the world trade system.But the wildlife organizations are a much smaller group,buying nowhere near the amount of goods as the wal-marts,etc.So why can't we start there?

One point I was trying to make,that I think was over looked was the thrid world countries situation where people don't get bathroom breaks,etc,etc,etc.

Was it wholelottabull that said most of our hunting products are made overseas?The Germans make some of the finest optics in the world.And I'm sure their employees have good jobs,make good money,have benifits and so on.

When purchasing from the countries and companies that pay next to nothing for help as to turn a much larger than normal profit.
Thats what bothers me.

A long time ago the Nike saga was exposed.How they were paying (I dont remember the exact numbers)but say $0.75 for their shoes and charging the consumer $75.00 for that same pair of shoes.
Because their actual expense was paying MJ his endorsement monies.

I seen the press conference when they ask MJ about the situation
he said "look we're in the middle of the pay-offs and we need to concentrate on the job at hand and when it's over I'll personnally look into it".I for one never heard another word about it.

Oh well just some thoughts.
Thanks for listening.

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

Hey Longun!

Would that be a Subaru?
Or a LEZbaru?
There is a difference you know?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!