what did it score(see pic)

A

AZDuke2500

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-06 AT 11:50AM (MST)[p]What did my AZ 2005 archery antelope score?
44d2374147cb0942.jpg

Antelope are so hard to judge , even more so in pictures , but that buck looks pretty nice . He has nice cutters , but again its hard to actaully know the mass scores off of pictures ,but either way , pretty good looking goat.Where did you kill him?

Looking over the pics again , he looks real good on top , the left horn on top looks good , mass is visable there too, I'm guessing 14 inches and scores 78/79 gross and net 77 or so. NM and AZ goats are hard to judge , their body size and ears are smaller than WY goats and other northern states antelope, but it looks like his ears may be around 6 or 7 inches and the horns easily double the ear length...Looks good no matter...Great buck by any standard ,very exceptional buck with archery in my mind...Congrats..

It is hard to judge with just one picture, but if I'm assuming that he is totally symetrical I would give him a gross of about 80"

How long did it take you to find him? He looks as stiff as a board in this picture. Anyways that is a great buck with a bow.

?Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!?
~George Carlin

after watching "size is everything"(just got in mail)
I would say he is better than I would said earlier...
revised 81"/83" just a bit thin!
rm

I come up with right around that 75" mark as well.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Well. what was the final score??

You wanna try and guess a final score on my 2005 buck?

The buck green score was 81 2/8. It officially scored at 79 4/8. Hunt was in AZ Unit 4B. 10 days of long hunting. Fianlly on the last day it happen on a secret tank i found during my 12 days of scouting. I missed a monster buck during the hunt(86+) and passed several bucks. I killed a buck in 1995 in AZ unit 19A that net 78 6/8 p&y so i trying to kill something bigger.
It took me 10 years to get another antelope tag in AZ. It was tag #1 and it was my second choice. I knew it was a special tag.
thanks for you post.

Check out my article in the current trophy hunter magazine.

scottyboy,

I see that you know 36C very well. I have WT tag in NOV, could you give me some advice. I live in Flagstaff and could give you spot in northern arizona.

You have the same coues hunt as I do! I think I could get ya pointed in the right direction and find a buck or two!! PM me and we'll talk deer hunting.

As far as the goat pic, I was just asking to see if everybody wanted to give it another go on the guessing game on another goat pic.. I haven't posted it.. but I will if ya'll would like.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom