What Camera Are You Using???

C

cpugsie

What still camera do you guys carry in the field? I have a Canon G3 that takes a great picture but weighs too much for long back pack trips. I've seen some much smaller cameras with more mega pixels but the choices are mind boggeling. I thought the Casio Exilim looked good or maybe the Olympus waterproof Stylus. Any thoughts???

Take a look at this one. I spent considerable time looking for a small backpack/work camera as well and came up with this. It is a new model as of this summer.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC..._bbs_sr_1/105-9113186-9126831?ie=UTF8&s=photo

This camera is about the size of a business card yet the screen is huge and it fits well in my hand. I get at least 70 pics per charge, the menu on the screen has big letters, the dial is recessed so it doesn't get changed every time I slide it into the case. It feels really well built. It has a Leica lens and the motor is quiet. Plus I turned off the shutter sound so it makes for a quiet compact field camera. With 7.2mp, it takes great pics as well. I use it every day for my work and love it!

I also looked everywhere for a good case but ended up buying one off ebay that is custom made for this camera and is compact and protects the camera well in a backpack or on my belt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SuperSlim-Genui...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250056351879

Good luck to ya!

Have a look at the Nikon Coolpix S4. It has a 10X optical zoom, is 6 megapix, and has a huge screen on the back. Great camera, I love mine. Scott

Digital Cameras Kits for the Holidays:

Panasonic DMC- FZ7 Kit :
Panasonic DMC- FZ7
1 GIG SD card
Card Reader
Case
Cleaning Kit
Extra Battery
All for only $349.99

Nikon Coolpix S10 6 mp 10x Zoom, & vibration reduction:
Nikon Coolpix S10
1 GIG SD Memory Card
Case
Extra LI-ON Battery
Card Reader
Cleaning Kit
2 year Nikon Ext warranty
All for only $449.99

Minox #60628 DC 5011 Digital Camera (5MP, 3x Optical zoom):
Minox #60628 DC 5011
1 GIG SD Memory Card
Case
Rechargeable Batteries & Charger
Card Reader
Cleaning Kit
All for only $199.99

Olympus 720SW Outfit:
Olympus 720SW
1 GIG Olympus XD Memory Card
Card Reader
Leather Case
Extra battery
Olympus 2 Year Extended Warranty
All for only $449.99

Pentax W20 Digital Camera kit:
Pentax W20
1 GIG SD Card
SD Card Reader
Extra Battery
Photo Finale Software
Protective Skin
Pentax 2 year extended warranty
All for only $299.99

Pentax A20 Digital Camera kit:
Pentax A20
1 GIG SD Card
SD Card Reader
Extra Battery
Photo Finale Software
Leather case
Pentax 2 year extended warranty
All for only $349.99

Olympus E500 2 lens kit special:
This great kit includes the Olympus 14-45 and the Olympus 40-150 Olympus digital lenses. This all you need kit also includes the battery, charger, cables, CD and 1 year USA/World wide warranty, a 1 gig 60x speed CF card (lifetime warranty), digital camera care kit, 2 UV filters, USB 2.0 card reader and a Pro Gadget bag all for only $799.99.

Pentax ist DL Digital SLR with 18-55mm
This is a brand new Pentax ist DL digital camera outfit. This is a feature rich Digital SLR that comes with a Pentax 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 zoom lens, case, 1 GIG SD memory card, UV Protection filter and a Cleaning Kit @ $399.99

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

I have the Olympus 720SW and am happy with it. I'm not a trained photographer but it takes great pic's for me and it's about 4 times smaller than my old 35mm. This digital stuff is new to me but, I can already see lot's of advantages.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm leaning towards the Olympus 720SW. We'll see what Santa brings!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom