What Bino's should I get?

nebo

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-10 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-10 AT 08:47?PM (MST)

I want to buy another set of bino's but not sure what brand to get. I want 12X50 want to try to pay about 500 bucks for them. Any help would be appreciated.

Nebo- for that price range and power/mm range my choice would have to be the Nikon Monarch ATB 12x56. Great size and weight for this combo. Gives you an exit pupil of 4.6(= more light to your eyes) and better field of view. I have tested these glassing for Coues deer here in Central AZ. and found them to more than suitable for the job. CDN

The 12 power can be a blessing or a curse. When your set up, the extra little power can be nice. Holding it with one hand to get a "quick look" though could be frustrating. Here are some good deals for the price range:

Cabela's Outfitter 10x42 on sale for $400 online. They are regularly $600 and are Steiner, German glass.

Doug at Camerland has a super deal on the Minox HG 10x52 for $600, regularly $1100. A little more $$$ but that would be my pick.

Cameraland also has the Vortex Vulture (older but not used) that have a slight cosmetic blemish in 10x50 for only $160, usually $250.

Or...pick up the Zen Ray ED2 10x43 for $424 and see what all the hype is about.

I got a pair of brunton 15x51 for $300, they are very nice for the money, very clear glass and not real heavy, can't wait to get them out hunting this year. Oh by the way they also come with a tripod mount. Shoot me a PM if you want to know the company I got them from, am not sure if we can post other web addy's here or not???? They are without a doubt the best binnoc's I have ever owned.

12x and up can be a curse if you are looking for a one optic setup. Anything much over 10x gets too problematic to hold steady as magnification also magnifies shake. So for the best use, you are talking a tripod too. Something with that much magnification is best left in the pack while you hunt with a smaller glass around your neck or on a harness.

I'd say stay with no more than 10x if this is going to be the only binocular you hunt with.

i got a pair of leupold cascades 10x42 for under $300, and they are awesome. 12 power i think is a little to much for binos. you would probally need a tripod to hold them steady. be better off with a small spotter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom