What a Fox

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Not what you expected? We run box traps every day of the week to attempt to control Raccoons. Sometimes we catch interesting critters. Today's catch was this fox, which I released. Last year we caught a coyote pup which was not released live.

foxintrap003.jpg

We also had a baby coon this morning, it was not released.

foxintrap004.jpg

We trap for raccoons because they get into the corn variety trials that we conduct. Even with sweet corn buffers planted on the edges they will find 'sweeter' grain varieties and wipe out all 4 reps in our experiments. It is hard to fix that with statistics.

I grew up on a mink/alfalfa/dairy/potato/corn farm and I know what you mean about racoons tearing down the corn.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

I just got back from changing water at the farm. I caught another fox, or maybe the same one. What is weird is that I've been trapping on this farm for 23 years now and yesterday was the first fox, today the second.

Tikka,

We mostly use the $.37 generic cat food from City market. Oily tuna works well too. I save our choice dinner scraps and use them as well. Racoons seem to really like BBQ pork ribs with the meat gnawed off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom